I still find it upsetting that Thunders died so young. He was awesome and an innovator.

Was he really So Alone?
He ended up alone when he died, barring the company of whoever robbed and killed him.
It's theorized that some drug dealer gave him a "hotshot" and robbed his corpse.

He should have listened to his friends.
They warned him that if he went to New Orleans with $10,000 in his pocket, he'd get robbed.
I don't think anyone would have expected him to also get killed.

You can't put your arms around a memory.

EDIT: I have a video of him when he's in France and he's with a girl.
He's trying to buy rolling papers and he can't pronounce "papier de rollier, so he ends up saying "Just give me a pack of Lucky Strikes".
Kinda funny.
Oh, I thought he overdosed. I never heard it could've been foul play.
It's mentioned in the book "Please Kill Me".

The most obvious thing was that he was found wearing Reebok sneakers.
Thunders ALWAYS wore cuban heeled, pointy toed shoes.

He wouldn't have been caught dead in Reeboks.

Sorry.
Bad joke
Now Thunder's ghost is gonna haunt me.
Quote by johnnynemo
It's mentioned in the book "Please Kill Me".

The most obvious thing was that he was found wearing Reebok sneakers.
Thunders ALWAYS wore cuban heeled, pointy toed shoes.

He wouldn't have been caught dead in Reeboks.

Sorry.
Bad joke
Now Thunder's ghost is gonna haunt me.

I never actually finished that book.
Live Slow Die Old.
I recommend reading "Please Kill Me" at the same time you're reading "Harry Potter".
That way your mind will confuse facts and you'll think that Snape killed Nancy Spungen, instead of Sid or Rocket's Red Glare.

Heavy drinking will aid this process.

Speaking of So Alone......why am I the old fart on this board now?
There used to be at least 3 posters here who were older than me and they've all disappeared like a fart in the wind.

Where have all the TN_bootboys gone?
Who else was older than you old fart? Mach and?

Sorry nemo, couldn't resist calling you an old fart
piedevice
possum (texas 78621)
mach baron
tn_bootboy

were/are all older than me, but haven't posted here in some time.

Maybe they were tired of changing your diapers.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.

Anone with favourites off of So Alone? I'm liking hte finger up to Johnny Rotten for New York, I thought it was amusing.
It's funny and ironic that Thunders writes "London Boys" as a comeback to the Pistol's "New York" and has Steve Jones and Paul Cook play on it.

Me fave track is "Leave Me Alone".
i have a Johnny Thunders CD box set called you cant put your arms around a memory and on the So Alone track he goes off on this story about some big black guy raping somone in the ass in an alley, whats up with that?
I've wondered about that, too.

I think that maybe something bad happened to Johnny when he was young and it made him slightly racist.
He overcame that later on in life, so good for him.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
didn't he go off to new orleans in search of black musicians anyway? to play with not kill...