Hey guys, I started playing electric guitar since January and I've had a question about my guitar that no one could answer. Whenever I play any of the lower strings (E, A, D), I get this buzzing noise like the string is vibrating against something. Even though you can hear the note being played, you can hear the buzzing sound as well, and it gest me pretty mad cause the buzzing noise sounds like crap on an amp. I have a squier strat (yep, from the strat pak), but my friend also has the same type of guitar as I do, and his lowest strings dont buzz when any notes are played on them.

Basically, what is causing this buzzing noise? Could it be that I put the strings on wrong or something cause my friend asks his guitar teacher to restring his guitar.
Thx in advance.
Quote by ACpyroDC
Hey guys, I started playing electric guitar since January and I've had a question about my guitar that no one could answer. Whenever I play any of the lower strings (E, A, D), I get this buzzing noise like the string is vibrating against something. Even though you can hear the note being played, you can hear the buzzing sound as well, and it gest me pretty mad cause the buzzing noise sounds like crap on an amp. I have a squier strat (yep, from the strat pak), but my friend also has the same type of guitar as I do, and his lowest strings dont buzz when any notes are played on them.

Basically, what is causing this buzzing noise? Could it be that I put the strings on wrong or something cause my friend asks his guitar teacher to restring his guitar.
Thx in advance.

I'd say that the action of your strings is too low - that is the strings are too close to the fretboard, and the bottom string is vibrating against one of the frets. You will need to adjust your bridge to prevent that buzzing from happening. I dont know what bridge your guitar has so I cant tell you how to do it, but maybe someone else could. you could take it somewhere and have it proffessionally set-up but that can be expensive.

It could also be that one of yourhumbuckers is too high. On one of my guitars, only the low e buzzes, due to the pup being too close to the strings. Check how high your pups are, but i dont think thats the problem.

Good luck,

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
The Squier strat is a cheapo one. Proabably the neck needs adjusted. Have someone adjust the truss for you, throw a slight bow in there, you should be fine. The necks on those things are kinda tempermental, this might be a regular process for you. If it's not the action and raising the bridge doesn't fix it, take it to the shop you bought it at and have them look at the neck.
Like danastasi saod, just raise your action slightly.
That should work.
Been away, am back
err, this may sound noobish, but how do I raise the action? Do I just loosen or tighten the screw on the end of the bridge to raise it? And do I need to raise all the strings the same amount or can I just raise the strings that are buzzing? I just wanna make sure I understand everything 100% before adjusting my guitar.
You may need a truss rod adjustment. Take it into a tech unless you know how.....
no take it in to a tech. Or turn up the distortion so you don't notice it.
Depotgang

THese things are the saddles, use the shown screws to raise the action. they should raise in a slight curve, higher at the middle, lower around the edges, to follow the contour of th efender neck. if this doesn't work, however, don't **** with the truss rod. let a pro do that for you so you don't total your neck.
Attachments:
strat diagram.JPG