Ok well i was wondering if i could downtune my guitar to drop D...i have .10 gauge strings on...will i have to have my guitar setup to do that or no? I wanna learn a song for this girl i like and she loves the song whatever by godsmack so i want it to sound good
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Boss Ds-1 Distortion Pedal
Heritage VIP 1(would like to sell)
yes u can dowtune to drop d without the need for truss rod adjustment etc
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
Yeah, you can do it. You only need to be careful when you tune it down to drop C or lower stuff like that.
O ok thanks...ive never downtuned before so will i be able to use a cheap tuner to do it?
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
Are you only dropping the low E string? Or all of them to drop D, I tuned into drop C with a cheap tuner and it worked fine, try it and see how it sounds, and make little adjustments here and there.
ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ

Quote by Xp3ns1v3
I thought it was illegal for women to use the internet.
i donno...im gunna tune whatever i need to do "whatever" by godsmack...wut would it look like on the tuner if i did that?
Schecter Gryphon
Peavey Classic 30
well it depends some tuners only help you tune to standard. but if it shows the note ur playing then u should be fine. i always thought that godsmack tuned to drop C. which is drop D. then 1 step down but. w/e
You can do it with even the cheapest of tuners, since you will already have a 'd' programed into it (for EA(D)GBe) tuning to drop c cant be more tricky, scince not all tuners has a 'c' programed into it. if you cant get a hold of a tuner, you can use the frets to tune it. Assuming you know that the 5th fret on the low E string produces the same sound as an open A string, move your finger up to 7 on the E and play it and tune it until it sounds like the open A string.