yes, i did a search, couldn't find anything, though i'm pretty sure i've seen something like this

but basically, you tell how you first got into metal

my story is that i used to play only punk rock a couple of years ago and i wanted to become a better guitarist, so i started listening to some metal and i thought "wow...these guys are good"

so i just started learning their songs, and BAM...metalhead \m/

what's your story?
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
well i started off listening to classic rock like styx and kansas and guys like those. and gradually my musical tastes became heavier and heavier, starting with classic metal like judas priest, iron maiden, ozzy, metallica. and now i love both genres.
ive always played metal...
but i guess i started listening to metallica first
but, trivium and killswitch engage, and children of bodom really got me into playing it...
same here, my dad, satan
PEDOBAITING:http://pedobaiting.proboards100.com
Quote by RM_Midnight
are you allowed to talk, aug. '06er?

Quote by Dancing Fool
I hope I don't get sigged.

Quote by _Mayday_
Raven, of course you know RM_MIDNIGHT.
He's the people's champ!

SNICKERS SONG
How Did I Get Into Metal??? During A Wrestling Tournement My Friend Made Me Listen To Some And It Got mE psyced Up So Now... Hardcore Metal Head.
99.9% Fat Free But we got rock coming out our A**
Quote by IbanezIceman
ive always played metal...
but i guess i started listening to metallica first
but, trivium and killswitch engage, and children of bodom really got me into playing it...

i hope you're aware of this, but killswitch engage and trivium aren't really metal, you belong in the "hardcore" forum
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Quote by dimebag_love
i hope you're aware of this, but killswitch engage and trivium aren't really metal, you belong in the "hardcore" forum

there not hardcore

imo

and i really hate this word

there metalcore

tho triviums new stuff is sounding alot more thrash cos of the lack of heafys shouting

Quote by Kymble
there not hardcore

imo

and i really hate this word

there metalcore

tho triviums new stuff is sounding alot more thrash cos of the lack of heafys shouting

IMO

ANYTHING WITH THE WORD "CORE" IN IT SUCKS TO ME AND BASICALLY MEANS A CHEAP EMONIC IMITATION OF METAL
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
uhh...idk my brother played metallica one day poof now im a metalhead. and the trivium ksE thing has been done too many times so stfu he said he likes to play songs by bands like trivium and KsE doesn't matter wtf they are there shouldn't be 50 genres of metal, and there wouldn't be but b/c of pricks like you there are imo /end rant
YES I'M THE GUY WHO GOT HIS PENIS STUCK IN HIS ZIPPER!!

Member #17 of "I Survived UG Pwned Day" Club

Member #59 of the Alter Bridge Rocks Club

Member #3 of the Boston Red Sox Fan Club

Member #2 of the "4chan.org Sucks Balls" Club
Quote by De-De-Dee
uhh...idk my brother played metallica one day poof now im a metalhead. and the trivium ksE thing has been done too many times so stfu he said he likes to play songs by bands like trivium and KsE doesn't matter wtf they are their shouldn't be 50 genres of metal imo /end rant

that's just the thing, any kind of "core" isn't metal and should not be classified together
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
thats your opinion now isn't it

Quote by dimebag_love
IMO

ANYTHING WITH THE WORD "CORE" IN IT SUCKS TO ME AND BASICALLY MEANS A CHEAP EMONIC IMITATION OF METAL

and imo

anyone who cant not make a point without using caps lock or "emo"

isnt really making a valid point

if you cant listen to all genres of music, including anything with core as you put

means you are very shallow minded

and not very nice
why'd you sig it? you're just gonna show people how right i am

and you can sig that as well ^^
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
^x2 good job thanks for having sense

Edit: he quoted it he didn't sig it

Quote by RM_MIDNIGHT
same here, my dad, satan

we must be brothers then, cuz my dad is living hell
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Hmmmm... I get first to metal when i heard Slayers - raining blood and some pantera songs. Then i just started to play metal songs.
metal is a lost meaning, nobody plays metal anymore. true metal is lost, it can be compared to the hardcore/metalcore of today only back in the 80's.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
the reason i hate "core" is because it's so...not real!!

i mean, i love metal because it really helped me find myself, and all these goddamn stupid imitators made this "core" genre to show people how sad they are that their girl/boyfriend dumped them...it just takes away the whole meaning of it when they call it METALcore

and they give the REAL metal a bad name

you may think this is just some stupid rant but just go shove it...you disgust me
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
I think i remember hearin old skool Metallica when i was young.My brother played i think i remember Four Hoursemen or somethin like that when i was 3 or 4
Empire Records one of the best films ever.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren.
His name isnt Warren?
I thouht his name was Warren?

"slayer sabbath:
whats wrong with metal, has this website been taking over by power chording, girl pants wearing, emos?"
i got into metal when i herd metallica...now im a metalhead... i love bands from trivium...to destroyer 666...and stop with the trivium aint metal ****....cuz metalcore is were today's rising talented musicians are...jason bittner is in shadows fall he was voted #1 in the METAL category in Modern Drummer magazing...so stfu about all this tupid metalcore emo crap
Quote by dimebag_love
the reason i hate "core" is because it's so...not real!!

i mean, i love metal because it really helped me find myself, and all these goddamn stupid imitators made this "core" genre to show people how sad they are that their girl/boyfriend dumped them...it just takes away the whole meaning of it when they call it METALcore

and they give the REAL metal a bad name

you may think this is just some stupid rant but just go shove it...you disgust me

****in agreed

metalcore and nu metal are ruining true metal. but there are still good metal bands around keeping true metal alive.
Quote by Gregray88
i got into metal when i herd metallica...now im a metalhead... i love bands from trivium...to destroyer 666...and stop with the trivium aint metal ****....cuz metalcore is were today's rising talented musicians are...jason bittner is in shadows fall he was voted #1 in the METAL category in Modern Drummer magazing...so stfu about all this tupid metalcore emo crap

No.
STOP BITCHING ABOUT CORE AND ALL THAT DUMB ****!!! But anyways.....I first started listening to slipknot and I liked that they were fast as hell and just a bunch of chaos and it got me hooked on it so I kept listening to out of control bands. It was all metal from there.
Quote by dimebag_love

Our Opinions Disgust You

Wat Are You 13?
no, and it doesn't matter how old i am...i appreciate TRUE metal and that's all there is to it
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
mmmmm
dream theater from a friend
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
Quote by dimebag_love
no, and it doesn't matter how old i am...i appreciate TRUE metal and that's all there is to it

so then dont be a dick about it
Quote by beadhangingOne
There is no music but metal and muhammad is its prophet.
True Metal

Jeez

Metal Has Sub Genres

Deal With It

You saying how ****ty and unmetal it is aint gonna get you anywhere

respecting the other genres will tho

and i do believe Dimebag was in a Thrash Metal Band

Thrash Isnt True Metal

Its Another sub genre

Your an idiot
no...you don't get it, death metal, thrash metal, prog metal and anything else METAL is a subgenre of METAL

hardcore, metalcore, are all subgenres of SUCK
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
So its up to you to choose whats metal and whats not

all hail our new god

*cough*
Quote by dimebag_love
that's just the thing, any kind of "core" isn't metal and should not be classified together

Grindcore.

Fucking idiot.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour