Page 1 of 2
And the D'Addarrios are just so much better. They feel better, they sound better, they stay in tune better. If you're an EB fan but haven't used d'ads I suggest you give them a try.

In case you're wondering I'm using them on a MIM anniversary strat, playing classic rock style stuff.
I have recently been aquainted with exilir's, but am thinking about going back to D'addario. (Crazy hard to spell string brands).
dr handmade strings are much better then d addario.........they are much more bendable and the tone and feel is amazing........i switched from d addarios and you should to
i switched to d'addario once GC stopped selling elixirs (price didn't matter since they mail out those free string with $15 dollar purchase cards), but i cannot tell a difference
exact same here...
the dads absolutly pwn other companies

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
i was given 3 pacs of d'addarios for xmas a few years back, and i use them for everything now.
bass, acoustic, electric. they rock.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
the acoustic are AMAZING.
they keep that new string sound for easy 2 months.
which is more than any other ive used

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
i hate D'addarios i just dont like them however i love Ernie balls as well as GHS TNTs and DRs
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
DRs and D'addarios are superb imo, long lasting and sound great. I don't like GHS very much, not as easy to play as DRs and D'addarios.
Ibanez RG1570
Epiphone Black Beauty
Line 6 Spider II 112
BOSS CS-3 Compression Sustainer
I've tried DR's and didn't notice much of a difference tone and playability wise. They didn't seem to last as long as D'Addarios though. D'Addario is the way to go.
Quote by Syn Harvest
i hate D'addarios i just dont like them however i love Ernie balls as well as GHS TNTs and DRs

I second that, only i dont like GHS TNTs or DRs, just slinky's . But I'm pretty stubborn when it comes to gear. I only use certain things.. Slinky's, Brain picks..etc. I've only tried Dads once, didn't give me the exact feel that I wanted so I switched to Slinky's and never went back
Quote by DispsablePuppet
So I was at the store the other day... and your all gay.

i use ernie ball 10's at the moment, but i want to change to d'addarios 11's, but i got two problems.

1. Will it affect my guitar, changing from 10's too 11's on a TOM bridge?

2. How the **** do you pronounce d'addarios? I dont want to look like a twat when i go to the music shop now do i?
......keeping down the underground
Quote by razz the kid
i use ernie ball 10's at the moment, but i want to change to d'addarios 11's, but i got two problems.

2. How the **** do you pronounce d'addarios? I dont want to look like a twat when i go to the music shop now do i?

I don't know about question 1, but I just got them on ebay. You can get 3 packs for like $12 after shipping. My local music shop would want like $20 and take half an hour to get them off the shelf and ring them up.
Quote by Schneiderman
I don't know about question 1, but I just got them on ebay. You can get 3 packs for like $12 after shipping. My local music shop would want like $20 and take half an hour to get them off the shelf and ring them up.

wow! you answered absolutely none of the questions asked!
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
Quote by razz the kid

1. changing guages like that will no affect your guitar. (at least, it didnt for me)

2. da-dar-e-o (short E and O)

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Meh. I think GHS 10s are the best around. I dislike the really thin sound of D'Addario 9s. Although, I just put on a new set of D'Addario EXP 12s on my acoustic and they're decent, but I don't like how they feel slippery and rubbery. Overall, I'm not too impressed with D'Addario.
Quote by tubadude

Do you mean duh-dare-ee-oh?
For bass I'm faithful to DR Strings and D'Addarios.

For electric I'm pretty faithful to D'Addarios, but I wanna give the DR's another try.

For electric DR's do me good.

I absolutely hate Elixers, vile strings. Who decided to dip strings in glue? Ghastly. I tried to sets on my basses, hated both. They'd get freaking cracks in the glue randomly. Sick string.
haha
I used to use fenders but I can't find the .08's I used to use.. So I got some D'addarrios and I think they are worse. Go outta tune a lot faster, break a lot faster, and don't sound quite as good..
Quote by mikeman
Do you mean duh-dare-ee-oh?

no, short E and O is pronounced like how the letter is.

simple 2nd grade english

Quote by steven seagull
so im backwards? damn

Quote by steven seagull
DR FTW! Hi-Beam's and Tite-Fit's are the only thing I'll put on my babies now. Tried GHS Zakk strings, hated them. Tried D'Addarios, hated them. Tried DR, it was JUUUUUUST RIGHT!

Oh yea, three bears thing going on...
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by AngryGuitarist
It is (dee-uh-dare-ee-ohs)

Close, it's actually (dee-uh-dar-ee-ohs).

I think what we have shown, if nothing else, is that there is no wrong pronunciation. Or rather, noone knows the correct one.
I've been using D'Adderio 9's this whole time and like them quiet alot, but i'm cosidering trying ernie ball super slinkys.

I was at a guitar center and asked for D'Aderrio's and the guy at the counter gave me a bad look and was like are you sure? They're not very good I didn't get why he said that anyway's he had me buy these Gibbson brand strings are they any good?
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Haha, Gibson strings are a bigger joke than the 2000 dollar model guitars they try to pass off as the highest quality you can get.

D'addarios are great. I don't know any LP owner who uses Gibson strings.
haha
Quote by PepsiTwist
Close, it's actually (dee-uh-dar-ee-ohs).

I think what we have shown, if nothing else, is that there is no wrong pronunciation. Or rather, noone knows the correct one.

i have a friend who works for d'addario, and i learned from him. he hooks me up with strings for really cheap.

and he says da-dar-e-o

Quote by steven seagull
I've always been with D'Ad's. The shop I bought my first guitar from slaps them on everything in their shop.

Though, when I got my LTD, there were some GHS on it. I hated it, I ran to the shop and bought me some D'Ad 11's.
Hmm, Allways been a fan of ernie balls. Tried D'addario and didnt like the feel of them. Blue steels were TERRIBLE, Within a week they were rusted and dirty (However they are great as bass strings).

Ernie ball 10's FTW.
Pedulla MVP5
Gibson Grabber
Warmoth Antigua PJ
Ovation Magnum 1
My local guitar store was out of D'Addario 10s, so I went and bought EBs. They're ok, but they're not as nice. Don't bend as well. I used to use D'Addario 9s but with my crappy guitar I needed 10s for more sustain, but I don't care for my loss in bendability as I bend... a lot. Once I get a new guitar chances are I'll load it up with 9s.
i love D'addarios. they're the only strings ive used. they just feel the best to me.
Orange Rockerverb 100 + Orange PPC412
Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Ibanez RGA121 Prestige
Fender Road Worn Player's Telecaster
Quote by tubadude
1. changing guages like that will no affect your guitar. (at least, it didnt for me)

Yes it will. If you go from 10s to 11s each string pulls around 7kg more than before. That's a total of 42kg pulling the neck. Off course that affects the guitar.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
At the mo i have a set of ernie ball .9s (super slinkies) when i go for a change i'm changing them to ernie ball .10s, IMO ernie balls are amazing, still to try D'addarios though, I'll slap a set onto my guitar i'm part way through re-building
Page 1 of 2