Page 1 of 2
What: I'm looking for a good metal halfstack.
Music: Children of Bodom, Dragon Force, Dethklok, Dying Fetus, Necrophagist, Pantera, Lamb of God and Slayer.
Budget: $1000 Canadian.
Specifications: Lots of gain, 2 channels and tube is a must.

Extra: I was looking at a Randall G3 but it isnt a tube amp so that gets crossed out. I love Dethkloks sound, its perfect but I dont have 2 grand to dish out for a Krankenstein. I need your help, thanks a lot.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
your not gonna be able to afford a tube head and a decent cab for 1000. you can maybe get just the head for 1000.
damn these big amps are so expensive i dont htink im ever gonna buy one of those, just using the stuff in the venues works for me
your not gonna be able to afford a tube head and a decent cab for 1000. you can maybe get just the head for 1000.

i would get a madison head. but since your on a budget your could consider going on recycler n getting a used mesa or peavey head.
Washburn X50
Peavey Triple XXX
BBE 462 Sonic Maximizer
MXR M-134 Smart Gate
Furman M8
B-52 LG412
Dude just get a Peavey 5150 combo used.

Better than say a ****ty 700 dollar head and and 300 dollar mediocre cab.

Posted by Smokey Amp

OMFGZ!!!1!! PUNK_DUDE2005 IS LIKE, THE SAVIOUR OF MANKIND! HE'S LIKE THE FIRST THING ON MY MINd WHEN I WAKE UP AND THE LAST THING ON MY MIND BEFORE I SLEEP. SOMETIMES I THINK ABOUT HIM IN MY "PRIVATE REFLECTION TIME"..UH HUM..
Quote by Metal Militia

My mesa boogie and B-52 cab cost me $1,100 all together. Thank god for ebay.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
A used Peavey 5150 Combo or XXX combo. I think you'll be able to get a good Slayer & Dragonforce tone out of a JCM 800 2205 and cab or a JCM 900 combo.
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
Maybe the Carvin MTS. It's all tube and 1000 US for the halfstack. I'm think thats a bit more than you budget though, from my limited understanding of Candian currencly.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Oh thanks a lot guys. I leaning towards the 6505

Edit: I just found out its ****ing 1 grand for the head alone.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
It's worse pissing when you come in from the really cold weather and your penis has shrunken to the size of a coffee stir straw and the piss feels like the blast from a super soaker.
as you should be the 6505 is great for Death Metal

and about the price i got mine on ebay head and cab for 970USD get a 5150 they are cheaper and are the same exact head
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by altarofdemise
Oh thanks a lot guys. I leaning towards the 6505

Edit: I just found out its ****ing 1 grand for the head alone.

5150 combo's on Ebay go for under $1000 all the time.
How is the Peavey XXL 100W head?

Edit: Oh nvm its solid state.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Last edited by altarofdemise at Aug 21, 2006,
Sorry for the double post but the Peavey Valveking 100?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Im not too keen on getting used things.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
DO NOT get the peavey XXL, i have it, and it blows! Nothing but constnt feedback, and cleans....pfff
umm...go used.

i got my peavey 5150 (with a BIAS MOD too!!) for $600 and my marshall 1960B for $300. both were from the harmony central amp forum though.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Peavey-Triple-XXX-Super-40-40W-1x12-Guitar-Combo?sku=481393

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-Fallen-Angel-60-DSP-2x12-Combo-?sku=485044

You're not going to get a decent cab and head for $1000 Canadian. I would go tube combo.

You could go with the combo-cab option though...
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Randall-RG50TC-50W-1x12-Guitar-Combo-Amp?sku=481197
Into a 4x12 Avatar Cab with Vintage 30s or something along those lines.

www.avatarspeakers.com
Quote by llanafreak44
WTF, is dethklok a real band?!?! i thoguht it was just an adult swim show!!

anyways, a 5150, or a laney

I dont know. But I love the sound nonetheless.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Yeah I know. Expensive ****.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
You can always get a combo tube amp and use the line out from that to power a cabinet if you need it, that'll be alot cheaper...
Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
- Thoreau

Ibanez Ex-370 For Sale!
Peavey classic 50 with celestion speakers and a Digitech or boss metal master peddle, yah, thats what i call Death!
Avatar Cabinets are really cheap. It'll be in your price range.
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
Im really looking to get the Valveking 100, is it a good choice? If there isnt enough gain I could get a tube screamer.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Valvekings are a mere mediocre when it comes to tube heads.

Cleans are good, but not that spectacular, gain is useable but not that exemplary.

I would probably try out these amps before you buy any of them.
I dont care about cleans, I barely use it. When I do, its just for showing off or teaching my friend a song because hes really into RHCP and Pink Floyd.

Edit: Oh, and please use words I understand.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Just save a little more. If you save up about 1500 Canadian, you can probably get a 5150 and a decent cab.
2005 Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Marshall JCM900 MKIII Master Volume head
Carvin G412T cabinet
Line 6 DL-4
Boss BF-3
Boss CS-3
Boss NS-2
Boss OD-20
Boss PH-2
Ibanez TS-7 (being modded soon!)
AHHHHH, what about Randalls? Randall V2? If im gonna save up $1500.

Is the Randall G3 tube or hybrid?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Exemplary meaning great, spectacular, etc. etc.

I would still go with what I suggested...Randall RG50TC through an Avatar 4x12

Quote by altarofdemise
AHHHHH, what about Randalls? Randall V2? If im gonna save up $1500.

Is the Randall G3 tube or hybrid?

I think both the V2 and G3 are "modular" tube, meaning it's a hybrid and is pretty sucky compared to an all tube amp.

Plus, even if you were to save the extra half grand, you could get something much improved.
No its ok, I want a half stack.

Yes but it took me like a full year to save up 1 grand cuz most the money came from christmas and my birthday. So like I got about $150 myself. Thats how sad it is for me to get money. Im such a lazy **** lol.

Randall RH50T? According to the site, it is 50watts all tube.
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Last edited by altarofdemise at Aug 21, 2006,
Quote by altarofdemise
No its ok, I want a half stack.

Yes but it took me like a full year to save up 1 grand cuz most the money came from christmas and my birthday. So like I got about $150 myself. Thats how sad it is for me to get money. Im such a lazy **** lol.

Randall RH50T? According to the site, it is 50watts all tube.

Combo's would be easier on you, and your budget.
If I got a halfstack, would a hybrid be ok? Since we're not gonna be cranking it, its gonna be mic'd when we play at a venue. Im looking at the Randall RH300G3 with the B-52 AT-412 cabinet. Thats the cheapest cab I could find that could handle 300 watts. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/B52-AT412-480W-4x12-MonoStereo-Guitar-Cabinet?sku=602076

Any other cabs that can handle 300 watts on a budget of 400?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Dude, if you want something wait it out and get it. Don't find a cheap fix to an expensive problem. Don't get a cheap crappy stack just because you want a stack to look cool, save up money and go try stuff out then buy what you want. Tubes need to be cranked so if you are not cranking anything you might want to either, A. Get a low watt combo tube that can get a good tone at lower volumes or B. Find a really nice solid state/hybrid amp. Even though they are cool, you might want to stay away from stacks for now else you will look cool and all, but won't be able to get a nice tone at usable volumes.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by CodySG
Dude, if you want something wait it out and get it. Don't find a cheap fix to an expensive problem. Don't get a cheap crappy stack just because you want a stack to look cool, save up money and go try stuff out then buy what you want. Tubes need to be cranked so if you are not cranking anything you might want to either, A. Get a low watt combo tube that can get a good tone at lower volumes or B. Find a really nice solid state/hybrid amp. Even though they are cool, you might want to stay away from stacks for now else you will look cool and all, but won't be able to get a nice tone at usable volumes.

Its not like I'm a touring band. I know tone is everything but when I get the money again I'd get a Mesa Dual Rectifier because Im turning 15 next year, LEGAL AGE TO GET A JOB!!!
Quote by DoTheEvolution
Get the single, more than enough tone and volume to melt your face and kill small children plus it's hella cheaper than a dual. It's what I got, but if you want a dual that's cool too, be warned though you have to crank that biatch to get it roaring. I have to have my master on about 1 o'clock and the channel on about noon or above, depending on how sassy I wana get.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Page 1 of 2