Our Bassists mom wont let him practice cuz shes always makin him do chores and when hes not doin chores hes workin.......She's got him whipped. She even had the nerve to make us change our band name because it was "too violent". What would u do in this situation.
^That's what I thought when I saw this thread.....

Kick the bassist out 'til his mother is fine with it.
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
**** her! change your name back! why would you listen to someone elses parent?
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by alliwant
Do her...

agreed
I've seen emo-er.

Member of the "I am a Fan of Gaycore Wrestle-Metal" Fanclub.
****, how old are u guys
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
Quote by danzig-_-
**** her! change your name back! why would you listen to someone elses parent?

also, tell your bassist to forget about her. he doesnt have to listent to someone like that.
kick him or her lol
how old is he?
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
ya why would you u listen to someone elses mom tell her to **** off or something
Member of the Seinfeld fan club --pm the_experience to join

I like chicken

My Gear:
Ibanez RG321MH
Ibanez JS100
Jay Turser JT-300
VOX AD50VT
Digitech RP14D
As the great Rece Bobby said:

" You got any hair on your peaches?"
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
what was the band name before, and what is it currently
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Quote by GoodCharloteSux
As the great Rece Bobby said:

" You got any hair on your peaches?"

Ricky Bobby?
When your body's tired, exercise your mind.
Why are all of you guys blaming the bassist and telling him to kick him out?? Just tell the bassist to tell his mom that he is going to jam and if she has a fit.. Then his mom is just being a dirty hoe bag..
From a guy named Mike
Originally posted by justinhawkins

id knock boots with paris any day, but i bet robert plant has a better-sounding orgasm
....i see you guys are really young if u cant cope with ur parents...
1st- i think u have to take ur name back anyway
2nd- why ur bassist wont talk to his mom n explain her that being in the band is very important, that playing music is something indispensable for him....i think she will understand actually if he talks to her or something...
...but honestly i get the feeling that ur bassist doesnt really want to stay in ur band, thats why he isnt dealing with his mom properly....
Were 16 and our band name was originally Black Eyes And Razorblades, but we had to change it so now its A Daydream Letdown.
First of all, I'm guessing the name change isn't totally unreasonable. What's the name? Your parents have fed you, housed you, etc. for 17 years(by your profile). I bet they've paid or helped paid for your gear, etc. Doing something as trivial as changing your name shouldn't be referred to as "having nerve" at all, it's perfectly normal. Just follow along, and when you're out of the house you can name your band whatever the hell you want.

Your bassist needs to learn to deal with his own mom. That's his relationship, and his business. There's nothing you can do about it. He just needs to stick up for himself, and show her that playing music is important to him. And if he can't practice, it's not unreasonable to lose the bassist.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Just so u know his mom wont listen........
no one in that family will......
He might be dropped
This is a reason I don't like playing with teens.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
well nobody asked u to play with us u friggin pervert
well said she lmao! anways my band has the same problem we cant get thru a half hour practice without our drummers mum coming in and breaking up our practice and taking him off 2 do chores!
F0R7UN3
Quote by Shep
well nobody asked u to play with us u friggin pervert

UG + Maturity = A happy place.

I'd suggest kicking him out... His mom controls him, and seemingly the band o.O
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
you could practise without him, and if you cant notice that he isnt there then boot him cos you dont need him in the first place
lay your pimp hand on his mom. she's obviously trying to stifle all your creativity so eventually her son will have to quit the band and end up selling insurance for the rest of his life
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
I'd recommend kicking out the bassist, it isn't working try to find a new bassist, most likely the mom won't change, there was this problem with a second guitarist in our band we tried to tell him to stick up for himself but he didn't and we kicked him out until he could resolve the problem, He still hasn't hes like scared to death of his mom
Quote by Shep
Were 16 and our band name was originally Black Eyes And Razorblades, but we had to change it so now its A Daydream Letdown.

That sucks :/ I had the same problem, mine was like the bassist's though. My family (pretty much everyone) said I couldnt jam with my band cuz I didn't know anyone in it (except one of my best friends, he asked me to join) and "their scumbags"... yeah (and they never seen them before). Then the drummer was being a ass and kicked everyone except him out of the band.

Uh, anyway, yeah I'd kick him out :<. It's not worth having someone in your group that can't jam with you guys. And don't take crap from someone elses mother like that, change your name back If you wanna still. You didn't do anything wrong, I think.
His mom has a "new rule" now that school has started. No company during school nights. Thats it. hes gone unless she changes
change your band's name to "our bassist's mom is a stinking cun t." She'll gladly let you keep the violent emo name.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
Last edited by civildp1 at Aug 31, 2006,