so i was at this huge sale at dave phillips the other day. and i saw a digitech rp300a multifx pedal for only 70$ since i had the money i figured id buy it. so when i got it home i realized its not as good as i thought it would be. so i was wondering if any of u guys had any suggestions about what to do to make it better?

Guitars:
Custom les paul copy with sun inlay
Epiphone les paul custom with emg 81/85
Hondo 80's star shape(project)
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
mxr doubleshot distortion
amp:
Raven rg100
Last edited by Ghost_bass at Aug 21, 2006,
You really cant do anything to those kinda of pedals (at least I dont think you can...) But for 70 bucks, that was a steal. I got an rp200a for twice that a few years ago.
My Gear:
American Deluxe HSS Strat
Crate GT212
Vintage '66 Fender Champ Amp
Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Jekyll & Hyde Ultimate Overdrive
Vintage '74 MXR Script Phase 90
Vintage '77 MXR Flanger
Orange Squeezer (clone)
yeaa man i know. it was kinda hiding and i asked the guy about it and he was like"holy **** dude if u dont buy it i will" lol so yea
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
Wow Dude thats a steal!!! I like mine alot. Is it a 300, or a 300A? The 300A has a "V-switch" Or I think thats what its called, Kind of like a wahl, You set the pressure sensitivity and press forward on the Expression pedal and it becomes a Wha, or what ever effect you set it to. I belive you press the down pedal when you plug it in to set the sensitivity.

The drum machine is great for practicing scales and such, Much better than a metronome Or wahat ever there called lol. I wish I would of waited and got the GNX instead, the procceser would get much more use if there was more than up and down and a/b. Its reall hard to get of the wha and change to the clean channel at the same time... Damn evolution... You'd think All these years we'd have an extra arm and leg by now
yea its the 300a with the v switch
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
Not much you can do with a digitech. Digitech pedals are like little computers. The don't process the wave. The digitize it and then precess the digital image so unless you know how to reprogram the thing then you can't do anything worth while.

BTW, I've got one of these pedals and I dont like it either.
Not taking any online orders.
anything i can do to make at least the wah better? or are there any updates or things i can download into it or something?
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
man that sucks all i really want is distortion and a wah and this things wah kinda sucks

the distortion is ok tho

Edit: are there any websites or anything for settings? like i want to get a jimi hendrix sound out of it
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100
I would just sell it for a profit and buy something i did like. Should be able to sell it for more than $70.
i guess id rather trade but do u think i could get a wah and distortion for this thing?
Guitars:
ESP explorer (project)
Epiphone dr200s
Epiphone ej200
pedals:
amp:
Raven rg100