Hey guys, Im just wondering what are the best strings to buy for an electric guitar?
i prefer d'addario 11's, but its all in what youe comfortable with, every time you buy strings, buy differnt brands and an guages..theres not one best, but IMO d'addario keep tone the longest.
Quote by Brandon860
hey man, any person with a Wayne's World avatar I have all the faith in the world in

Founder of the "Taco Bell > You" PM me to join.
umm if your a beginner, just get standard d'addario 10s or 11s or something like that

if you've played a while, your personal choice will matter.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
La Bella's or Dean Markley's
Quote by Jimi Hendrix
The Blues Is Easy To Play But Hard To Feel.

Quote by Chris Impellitteri
I Promise That My Solos Will Only Get Faster.
[Practice Makes Perfect][Hell Yeah]
Yeah, i'd say an ernie ball for a beginner (such as myself), but then it's all down to personal taste really. Just try the ones recommended here and see what suits you.

Also be sure you know what your getting in the pack compared to what kind of music you like to play. You don't want to get them on your guitar, ready to do some killer bends in solos only to realise you just bought tough-as-**** strings designed for heavy metal. If you want easy bends, vibrato etc, get some super slinkys.
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
well for my Les Pual I use D'addario 12's and for my Strat I use D'addario 10's.
IMO higher guages are terrible on strats.

EDIT: But SRV did use 13s so maybe I'm wrong.I don't use my strat that much.
Last edited by hamett91 at Aug 21, 2006,
Quote by hamett91
well for my Les Pual I use D'addario 12's and for my Strat I use D'addario 10's.
IMO higher guages are terrible on strats.

Strange. Bigger strings do better on Strats, according to most poeple; Gibson/Epiphone does not recommend higher gauge strings are LPs. The pickups and (i think) the truss rod aren't really made for it. Mostly the pickups; they're better suited for lighter strings on LPs. The truss rod can handle anything, but they still mention it...

Oh, and... *MOVED*
Looking for my India/Django.
Quote by redwing_suck
Strange. Bigger strings do better on Strats, according to most poeple; Gibson/Epiphone does not recommend higher gauge strings are LPs. The pickups and (i think) the truss rod aren't really made for it. Mostly the pickups; they're better suited for lighter strings on LPs. The truss rod can handle anything, but they still mention it...

Oh, and... *MOVED*

Well I don't have LP pickups in my LP so maybe that has something to do with it. I was talking more about the feel of the strings rather than tone.
yeah i use these $0.99 strings from my guitar teachers store. they ar eretty good actually. i like them better than dean markleys.

by the way, how do you say d'addario?
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by InanezGuitars44
yeah i use these $0.99 strings from my guitar teachers store. they ar eretty good actually. i like them better than dean markleys.

by the way, how do you say d'addario?

I don't know if this is how you actually say it but I say Dee-ad-dario. Pretty much the way it's spelled.