Ok, well, ive been playing for about a year on my showmaster and crappy behringer GM108 amp, and i've decided it's time to really get down to business on improving my playing. I've had a number of lessons, so im familiar with the theory behind the chords and scales... but thats about all i've learned.

At the moment, im practicing the essential major and minor chords, working on various string roots, and im practicing the major and minor-pentatonic scales so as i can play them backwards and forwards flawlessly, just as a basis for when im ready to expand on them. Im familiar with hammer ons and pull offs, but i think i still need to practice them later, as with my bending and vibrato (which i really am **** at btw, i know i need to work on that)

Im curious as to where i should go after this though. What do you guys think are the big areas i should be practicing? the real key skills i need to work on before im worthy of that ibanez ive been eyeing up? :P
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
I'm not going to go on for pages, but im gonna say a few things about where I think you should go after you think your up to scratch on what your currently practicing.
With your chords, after learning your basic major and minor chords move on to actually moving them up the neck adn creating your barre chords. Also i recommend that you learn power chords as these are a major part part of nearly every rock song and also learn your seventh chords as these usually prove fairly useful.
With your scales go onto learn the major scale and if you really want to you could go on to learn the seven modes. Another scale which i recommend is the blues scale as this is always good for improvisation.
Once you have learnt these scales and chords, play around with them! Put the chords you have learnt into progressions. Play around with the different notes in the scales to create riffs and eventually as you practice these you will learn to solo and your soloing will improve.

Well theres a few things to get you started. But don't forget to keep practicing the basics
And have fun with it
Power chords aren't much of a problem for me, im just trying to get them to sound as clean as when i play their drop d counterparts really. Thank you for your advice though my friend, i appreciate you're not a mind reader and didn't know i could use them .

Everything you've told me makes a lot of sense abcdetc, thank you, ill take all of that on board and work on it
God knows I don't want to be an angel

PSN ID: MattIgoe
Wii ID: 7810 3870 3554 5359
Gamertag: MattIgoe
No probs mate, I should of really gone into a bit more detail. However, if you ever need any help feel free to ask me or anyone on these forums a theyre mostly good people