Hello all...
Ok, so i have a Peavey XXL head and a bearinger cab, and to tell the truth, m y tone sucks. My cleans are distorted, i have alot of feedback, and its makeing me insane! So what i'm asking is, how much does the cab affect tone. Does it play a big roll, and if i get a better cab, will i get better tone and less feedback?

Thanks in advance,
Axslinger
behringer sucks, as a rule of thumb. i had a behringer combo and it got crazy feedback too, so im gonna point the finger at your cab.
"If you can do a half-assed job of anything, you're a one-eyed man in a kingdom of the blind."
-Kurt Vonnegut
the wood itself isnt that big a deal on the cab, but the speakers have a profound impact on how you sound. I mean.. thats what the sound comes out of. You can have the best sounding amp in the world but without a good set of speakers whats it going to sound like?

Id take your head to a music shop and play through any cabs they have. If you find something you like make sure you find out what type of speakers they have, and cost from there as far as whether you want to buy a new cab or replace your speakers.

Id also make sure you have really good pickups too. as far as the electronic side of things go, you need good pickups, a good amp setting, and good speakers to get a good sound.
Quote by SenorBill
behringer sucks, as a rule of thumb. i had a behringer combo and it got crazy feedback too, so im gonna point the finger at your cab.

berhinger guitar amps suck. Their cabs are actually pretty awesome for the price.

I have the XXL at work, and Ive hooked it up to both the matching cab and a Behringer cab and the Behringer cab sounded a lot better with the XXL.

I know fo fact that its the head. I am not biased at all towards it but its on my top 5 hated amps.

The cleans suck. the distortion is thin and lifeless. and it feedsback constantly.

Keep the cab, toss the head.