Heys guys. I want to know some good humbucker models for seymour duncan pups. I play mostly hard rock and metal. I play a Gibson SG. And tell me if the pickup your recomending is active or passive. Thanks
i play the invader in the bridge postion in my axe, and i really like it. its thick enough but carries enough crunch to cut through as well. its not the best for clean tones though. and i'm pretty sure SD doesnt have active pups, except maybe the dave mustaine model. not sure.
www.purevolume.com/chops
GEAR:
Fender Custom Tele-
Invader (B)
ESP/LTD EC-400-
EMG 81 (B) / 60 (N)
DigiTech RP-200
Zakk Wylde OD
Boss Bf-2
MXR Phase 90
Crate Blue Voodoo 120 Half Stack
Quote by bracertj
i play the invader in the bridge postion in my axe, and i really like it. its thick enough but carries enough crunch to cut through as well. its not the best for clean tones though. and i'm pretty sure SD doesnt have active pups, except maybe the dave mustaine model. not sure.

good, cause I only want one in the bridge and if they were active I would have to get 2 pups
try a custom or a custom custom maybe. im gettin a jb/jazz set for mine soon. check those out
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Jb is too bright to put in an SG, the customs are good, maybe the custom custom.

An alnico 2 pro would be perfect in the neck, it'll really complement the SG.

duncan Live Wires are actives
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
i have a custom custom, and it sounds nice with a mahagony body paired with a 59 reissue, it does awesome for cleans. great for rock to metal applications
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by Funky P
Jb is too bright to put in an SG, the customs are good, maybe the custom custom.

An alnico 2 pro would be perfect in the neck, it'll really complement the SG.

duncan Live Wires are actives

What about the SH-6 Duncan Distortion.Would that be good in the bridge
eh the only duncans i would buy are the Fullshred for the bridge and the 59 for the bridge.

The JB/Jazz are a good combo just not my cup of tea
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by cmickd06
What about the SH-6 Duncan Distortion.Would that be good in the bridge

The distortion is the Ceramic version of the JB, meaning it'll be even brighter.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
Quote by Funky P
The distortion is the Ceramic version of the JB, meaning it'll be even brighter.

ok, so the SH-11 custom custom for the bridge is the way to go?
if your playing metal the SH-10 full shred is better IMO
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Which one do u guys think is better for my SG, SH-10 full shred or the SH-11 custom custom.
ive got a JB in my SZ and i dont like it anymore, too trebley for my taste, plus cleans suck. the only seymour duncans i really like are the Alnico 2 Pros.