Page 1 of 2
Welp, my band, Thirteenth Order, played a show last night. We got a great crowd reaction. They weren't moving, but like loud applause and stuff. It was at a billiards and a lot of people that were just playing pool came over to check us out. I'm the lead guitarist (one with the les paul). The lead singer/rhythm guitarist is a member on here, his username is MetalDisease. You can't hear my solos too well in the videos, but if you crank up your volume and listen closely you can. 8) We're all 15 years old.
You can check out all the videos at once at our myspace, www.myspace.com/thirteenthorder. Or you can just click the links for the individual songs below.

Our setlist was

1- Remain in Memory (Original) - VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx4FD8fNB9k

2- Harvester of Sorrow (Metallica Cover) - VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWTDLmpUD7c

3- Derogation of Cerebration (Original) - VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD05RWBiZ9c

4- A Gunshot To The Head Of Trepidation (Trivium Cover) - VIDEO
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Yljjwg6S6U

5- The Twilit Road To Nightfall (Original)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HstCnr7fbRU

6- Saving My Mind (Original)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHeZVi39ZNI
Last edited by Planeshift at Aug 21, 2006,
not bad. good tone. keep it up, you guys are bomb for being 15
i lost my virginity. can i have yours?

Member #18 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join

One nation, under a fictitious almighty power
i'm not a huge metal enthusiast, but you guys definitely have it down. the sound is good, just work on your live performance, jump around a bit.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Good stuff. You put a lot of energy into that, which was good. The rest of the band need to be more like you. Being the lead guitarist, you should be turned louder than the rhythm, but with these kind of small venues I know it never turns out how you want it. Also, slow down your vibrato on the intro of the first song, it sounds a bit wild eventually. Other than that, it was a pretty cool show, nice stuff.
yea, its probably cause my amp was facing towards the camera.
Dave (rythm guitarist/ lead vocals)
Quote by cagnius
I'd rather be spooning than doing my essay...
You guys are awesome, very impressive.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
I just have to play devils advocate to be a true critic.(please note that everything here in my post is either what would disgust me if not playing the role or exaggerated)

The guitarist with the les pual definatly knows how to pull of a show and has the look while you and the bassist look like kids and are out.p.s jeans are the sign of normality (normality is something front men should steer away...from which is why most front men don't have facial hair.)

DO NOT SHOW OBBSESSION TO METALLICA . You can say that you are obbsesed but saying it is all you can do while you seem cool about it but assosiation to them like this could show you being helpless bunch of kids with ****ty riffs , your only alowed when your well established.

You should have a support band , preferalby one that no one likes to let go of their anger on them so you look better, make long waits so that most of the excitment from the performance was just anticipation and do it loud with high bass(YOU DON'T EVEN NEED TO PLAY.CD DOES ...EVERYTHING) but work on lip snychronization.

You seem to be very defensive , your nervousness , you need to be on the ATTACK with a marverlous performannce , or act if your not bothered to play live , and you need to stare in a lot of people's eyes so that it feels that you acknowledged them , and like.

Have a good amount of lighting.

**** rock and roll and i hate my job , but make millions.

(i'm back)

not bad but let the audience on the stage , once they know your lyrics , and it would be soooo much fun.

You don't have a guitar that sticks out like your friends (it either has to be a classic or totaly obsurd , then people will copy you.)
I AM the guitarist with the les paul. Lol. I mentioned it in the first post, and the les paul is in my avatar, but its no big deal, you probably just overlooked those small details in my post.

Anyways, there was a band that performed before us, and two bands performed after us. First band didn't fit in. ha.

And I tried my best to be on the `attack` most of the time, as I believe the video shows, however, there were definitely times were I could have been doing more.

Also, I don't quite understand where your thing about the metallica obsession comes from. Like, what is it that makes you think we're obsessed with metallica (serious question, not being defensive)? Or was that question directed to the rhythm guitarist/singer? Or my stage outfit/wristbands (lol)? I'm not assuming you were referring to our originals, because personally I don't think they sound much like Metallica stuff.

I'll pass your advice onto the singer/rhythm guitarist, though. He's on here, he's Metaldisease, he'll probably read it. And I'll definitely let the bassist know. When we were on stage, I really wasn't paying attention to how much moving the bassist was doing. When I watched the video, I was like `Wow...he wasn't moving at all.` o_o
Last edited by Planeshift at Sep 26, 2006,
Anyway , Without trying to play the role of a dick , one thing i learnt is that an attachment in anyway to metallica may reduce the indivuals idea of your originality , they may make comparissions , think of you as kids etc.

I didn't say you had an obbsession but it was statement for everyone.

Awesome head bang.

p.s is that the few thousand dollar les paul.

anyway , my belief is let them do what they like but the problem with being on the defensive is trying to just get the show done due to fear . Group hugs .. and shouts of confidence before to get it out and he can walk up that stage with a smile ready to bite some heads off , ready to tell any heckler to **** of if he doesn't want to see and ready to rock.
Last edited by Kamistan at Aug 23, 2006,
Quote by Kamistan
Anyway , Without trying to play the role of a dick , one thing i learnt is that an attachment in anyway to metallica may reduce the indivuals idea of your originality , they may make comparissions , think of you as kids etc.

I didn't say you had an obbsession but it was statement for everyone.

Awesome head bang.

p.s is that the few thousand dollar les paul.

anyway , my belief is let them do what they like but the problem with being on the defensive is trying to just get the show done due to fear . Group hugs .. and shouts of confidence before to get it out and he can walk up that stage with a smile ready to bite some heads off , ready to tell any heckler to **** of if he doesn't want to see and ready to rock.

Alright, thanks man.

Yeah, its a Gibson LP Custom. Theres a good story to how I got it.

And I definitely know the problem with being defensive. He definitely could have been much more aggressive. After watching the video and reading the comments from several forums like this one, he's decided to find a `stance` and give a more aggressive stage performance (the singer/rhythm guitarist, that is).
Haven't talked to the bassist yet, but he DEFINITELY needs to get more comfortable and move much more on stage. I was REALLY surprised when I watched the video and saw how little he was putting into the stage performance.
Jesus christ, you absolutely own. Don't get angry at people for not being too active, it'll come with time as they get less nervous. Playing songs as hard as you do at such a young age and moving is a tough thing to do.

You were incredible though, considering your ages especially.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
Quote by TeenBite
Jesus christ, you absolutely own. Don't get angry at people for not being too active, it'll come with time as they get less nervous. Playing songs as hard as you do at such a young age and moving is a tough thing to do.

You were incredible though, considering your ages especially.

Thanks a lot man.
i liked it, i know the video sound quality is kind of muddy and stuff, but i think on the first song, that intro transition into the verse/higher energy whatever you wanna call it could've been a little tighter, but good job.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
you guys rock. vocals could be louder but thats it. i like that LP
"there is no spoone" - The Matricks
Not trying to be mean or anything, i like your instrumental work... but that Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation Cover... it disgraced trivium. it wasn't the instruments, it was the vocals. that is a song you can't sing.... if youre gonna do a cover of a metalcore song, learn metalcore vocals.
I can't say that I listen to much metal but that kinda sounded a lot like every other metal band ever. Your band is tight which is good and you seem like you have the capacity to be a good band but I listened to "Remain in Memory" and it kinda just seemed like every other metal song. But keep it up.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

Quote by Ryioku
Not trying to be mean or anything, i like your instrumental work... but that Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation Cover... it disgraced trivium. it wasn't the instruments, it was the vocals. that is a song you can't sing.... if youre gonna do a cover of a metalcore song, learn metalcore vocals.

Hm, I don't know if you've seen any recent live trivium videos or anything, but even Matt (singer/guitarist in Trivium) doesn't scream it now. And I'm sure it would have been really bad if our singer actually tried screaming.
Thanks for the comment on the instrumental work though.
Quote by Ryioku

Oh shush, just because they don't want to ruin their voices at such a young age. They sung it better than Trivium's lead idiot can anyway.
Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
if ur going to play some american idiot stuff heres the settings:

Master Volume : 0
i dunno about the rest
i listened to your trivium cover. and may i say that pretty ****in amazing that you guys are only 15. my band everyone is 16 and youd give our version a good running for our money haha . ****in good dude keep up the good work .
I'm way better than you.
wow.... you guys are 15??? Evrything sounds awesome, it is a bit hard to hear solos but very good..
hey just listend to the first song you guys sound good ......... would love to do a gig but iv only just stared a band lol....
Quote by TeenBite
Oh shush, just because they don't want to ruin their voices at such a young age. They sung it better than Trivium's lead idiot can anyway.

it doesnt ruin your voice, it just changes the way you have to sing to sound good, sure you won't sound like a young boy trying to sound cool anymore, but at least you'll be able to do the right vocals. i do what i refer to as "screaming" for my band, and it hasn't ruined my voice one bit, i just sing differently. Bullet for My Valentine's singer has a great voice and he screams alot. and i'm not going to outright say your wrong in your opinion, cause it is just that, an opinion. i just dont appreciate people saying the singer of one of my favorite bands is an idiot, is all. i dont think his singing is that bad at all, in my opinion.

EDIT: And yes, i do know that Matt sings most of his songs now, which kinda ticks me off, but eh, its his choice, not my decision. just in "Gunshot to the Head of Trepidation", it kinda takes the aggression out of the song, that the song is meant to depict.

EDIT 2: And before this turns into a "youre an idiot for ruining your voice at a young age" thing, keep it to yourself, i'm 17 and its my choice to "ruin my voice."

and also if you think those 2 bands up there that i talked about are "horrible music" don't go into another "youre an idiot cause you dont listen to good music" thing, just cause i dont' list things like iron maiden and metallica and black sabbath doesnt mean i dont listen to good music.

sorry if that was unneccessary and totally pointless, but it doesnt seem like it to me, i've seen some pretty idiotic arguments happen here on the UG, because of peoples' immaturity.
Last edited by Ryioku at Sep 6, 2006,
I don't see what is wrong with liking Metallica?

Oh and good job on everything

Also, the lead guitarist is ****ing sick, if you aren't taking lessons / never have I applaud you, and if you have, give your teacher a hug.
Last edited by Wiggie at Sep 6, 2006,
Quote by Wiggie
I don't see what is wrong with liking Metallica?

Oh and good job on everything

Also, the lead guitarist is ****ing sick, if you aren't taking lessons / never have I applaud you, and if you have, give your teacher a hug.

there isnt anything wrong with it, i just have seen arguments on UG because someone says they like a particular band, but not another. i like metallica alot, but the unmention of it may have started a "youre an idiot!" argument again
ok well its my choice and im choosing not to ruin my voice. plus i think screaming is getting old. hardcore and certain nu-metal is dying. i prefer to sing, i just wish my voice sounded more aggressive.
Quote by cagnius
I'd rather be spooning than doing my essay...
imo your drummer makes you, if you didnt have him i think ye wouldnt be too good, ye are good at what ye do, but the singers vocals on Trivium werent really good, but the lead guitarists vocal were good!! over all good job!
Quote by False_God
imo your drummer makes you, if you didnt have him i think ye wouldnt be too good, ye are good at what ye do, but the singers vocals on Trivium werent really good, but the lead guitarists vocal were good!! over all good job!

Thanks, kind of. I don't see how the drummer MAKES us though. Definitely a great drummer, but I would never say he makes us. Each one of us makes us. And are you talking about we wouldn't be good without him based on originals or covers or both? Becuase I think we did the covers pretty well and the originals except the drummer screwed up going into one of our originals.
Last edited by Planeshift at Sep 7, 2006,
From what i saw (metallica cover) you guys aren't too bad. I just need to find a band to play in!
Gear
-Ibanez Soundgear SRX3EXQM1 (yeah, long name)
-Fender Rumble 100

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who stayed with real music.
Im liking your sound. It sounds very developed. I am finding it difficult to hear your singer though.
Seattle Seahawks

Quote by chookiecookie
i feel like you have an obsession with aubrey plaza.

Quote by WCPhils
at least we can all agree SGstriker is the woooooooooooooooooooooorst
So I really cant tell but did you need a p.a. or moniters in that sort of a situation?
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
Quote by shorter_rocker
I only think the drummer was good.. Which is why you guys stayed pretty together

seriously? Which song did you listen to... I'm not trying to sound arrogant or anything, but I know this is probably gonna come across as if I am but try not to take it that way, I'd say all of us are above average musicians especially for our ages... Check out our original MP3s or something. Our newer stuff which we don't have recorded yet is pretty complexed and intricate guitar-wise. I respect your opinion and everything but I think the rest of the band deserves more credit and not just the drummer...especially when it comes to writing the actual music.

cubedeathk, we used a PA and monitors but it was only for vocals. The drums and amps weren't mic'd.

and thanks for the comments everyone.
Last edited by Planeshift at Sep 25, 2006,
Page 1 of 2