I'm through waisting my time on ass holes I need someone whos gonna sweat blood for a band is there anything that I should look for?
TO DISTURB IS TO PLEASE
Someone you like who likes some of the music you like,who's good.
So many possibilities, so little ability.

Quote by Asthia
You know you're a guitar player when you tell your father what note he's yelling at you in and then improvise over the top.
^that plus is a good person/easy to get along with.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
just someone who's good to jam with, and preferably not a dick....
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
You should look for these things
1. Talent
2. Dedication
3. Easy to get a long with
4. Desire to improve
Here are my requirements for now on (it used to not be like this, but it's based off people I have played with before):

1. MUST have their own car/truck/sports wagon.

2. 21+ (with some exceptions)

3. Not a Jesus Freak

4. Has played in front of a real audience before

5. This is going to sound cocky, but if someone wants to play with me; they should know I have a certian level of musicianship that I expect out of them. I will not take anyone who I don't think is on a semi-pro and above level.

6. Can handle the heat in the kitchen.

7. Won't stab you in the back after being in a band for 8 months.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
If you want to make some sort of living out of music then make sure that's what your band mates want as well. There's no point having someone who says, "Oh it's just a bit of fun for me", if you want to make it a huge part of your life, because there will be clashes.
Quote by Dutch_Apples
Here are my requirements for now on (it used to not be like this, but it's based off people I have played with before):

1. MUST have their own car/truck/sports wagon.

2. 21+ (with some exceptions)

3. Not a Jesus Freak

4. Has played in front of a real audience before

5. This is going to sound cocky, but if someone wants to play with me; they should know I have a certian level of musicianship that I expect out of them. I will not take anyone who I don't think is on a semi-pro and above level.

6. Can handle the heat in the kitchen.

7. Won't stab you in the back after being in a band for 8 months.

#3: Yes, in most cases. Except the best musician I know is a jesus freak. A bit of a waste, actually.
No fucking images.

Ghey.
I think Jesus freaks are essential in a band. Who else will be the designated driver?
Get someone who'll be dedicated and that you can argue with and they don't get offended or huffy easily, if at all. Talent doesn't matter if you're writing your own stuff - that and they can always improve heaps by playing with more experienced people or have more of a drive to improve seeing that they're now in a band.
The Habits of Highly Effective Bandmembers
by Pratt

1) Dedication. They have to follow through and make it to practice, do their homework outside of practice, and most importantly, put in the work to make your performances go well. They need to have an active role in promotion, booking things, etc (if you're into that)

2) Organization
. You always need to think about the next thing. If you have a show, you need to focus on the music you're going to play, get it right, and not worry about anything else. If you don't, you should be working on progressing together and developing some original material and an original sound.

3) Professionalism
. Juvenile drama-types need not apply. In the end, they're more trouble than they're worth and they can be replaced if your band has the right mindset. That's not to say you can't have fun, which leads me to...

4) A sense of adventure and fun
. They need to be willing to put themselves out there and try things during rehearsal and performance. If you just stand there and shoe-gaze, well, yeah.

5) Skill.
Really this one seems stupidly obvious but if they don't have the ability to play what your band needs them to play, they're just holding you back. And that causes frustration. Not only that, but they need to have the knowledge of the song, to understand it back to front, so they can feel it and perform it with the right feeling, NOT just play the notes in rhythm. There's a HUGE difference. Passion is everything, and if you don't have it, you're not going anywhere. You need to know when to dial it back and keep it subdued and when to go all out. Style is more important than substance, 99% of the time.

6) Experience. Those who have been there and done that know how to work well with others and how to take it seriously. And they won't crack up on stage because of nerves. And they have been in bands with people who suck, so they know what to do to not annoy their bandmates.

7) Taste. If every member of a band is influenced by the same general style, you can get something really cookie-cutter and derivative. But if they're all from a different style, you get a lot of infighting, no real defined sound, and all that. You need to have a general direction and then you can get a more defined direction over time, but if someone is a metalhead and they're trying to play in a band that wants to play alternative country, obviously it's not going to work out.

-THE END-