Fredrik Schälin - Vocals, Lead Guitar
Andreas Allenmark - Rhythm Guitar, Backing Vocals
Henrik Drake - Bass
Conny Pettersson - Drums

Ex-members:
Robert Petersson (1993-2001) - Drums
Martin Sjöstrand (1993-1996) - Bass
Mattias Svensson (1993-1996) - Guitar

Anata is a tech death band from Sweeden with Fredrik Schälin taking care of the vocals and the lead guitar. Mattias Svensson would take care of the rhythm guitar and the backing vocals, Robert Petterson playing the drums and Martin Sjöstrand on the bass. After palying several death metal with this line up, Mattias Svensson and Martin Sjöstrand would leave the band in 1996. Later that year Andreas Allenmark would join Anata for taking care of the rhythmic guitar.

Now that the band is set, they release their first full length The Infernal Depths, released by Season of Mist. This album was chosen as release of the month, by the french metal magazine Metallian. After the first full length they would work on a split with Bethzaida and get ready for their next album.

On April 2001 drummer Robert Petersson would leave the band since he was tired, or so he claimed.

After working several years with Season Of Mist records, they decide to change since they were not happy with them. They would change to Earache Records, who also represent Deicide. They would release their next full releases with Earache Records Dreams Of Death And Dismay and Under A Stone With No Inscription.

After a 2 year break, they decide to record their latest album, The Conductor's Departure, mixing brutal and technical death metal. This album is set to be one of the finest death metal releases of the year.

Some of the information was taken from metal-archives.com

Well, for those who havent heard of Anata, or would like to hear more im going to be sending out their latest album The Conductor's Departure. Just post your email and you shall receive the album within the next days.

Mailing List:
arsisimmortal@yahoo.com
xBrianAnthonyx@aim.com
ghostofchristmaspudding@hotmail.com

Myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=25630536

PS: This is the first write up i do of a band, so suggestions are welcome.
Last edited by Jesus Tod' at Aug 21, 2006,
I think their pretty good. I downloaded The Conductor's Departure about a week ago.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Good write up, man, I like this idea. Anyway, in the future, you might wanna provide a link to some mp3's to listen to.

Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
sending albums via email. UG never did support those kind of things and I don't think it is a very good idea. If people want the album, they can go and buy it or download it at their own discretion.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
Quote by chemicalsolutio
sending albums via email. UG never did support those kind of things and I don't think it is a very good idea. If people want the album, they can go and buy it or download it at their own discretion.

Yeah, and also we don't always need the entire backround of a band, just check out what most people do when they post threads.Also its better to post livestreaming mp3s rather than sending people the whole album just so you don't have to waste you're time.

They sound pretty sick though, they got a myspace or somethin?
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by chemicalsolutio

Well, i asked and no one had complains. I was even told people do things like this all the time, so i decided to go for it.

Yeah, and also we don't always need the entire backround of a band, just check out what most people do when they post threads.Also its better to post livestreaming mp3s rather than sending people the whole album just so you don't have to waste you're time.

They sound pretty sick though, they got a myspace or somethin?

The purpose of the write ups is to give a background of the band, and get to people to know about them and listen to them. I could do a thread with no input, but i decided ti put some input and see how it goes, if i get more complains i could just put a live stramload, but that0's not the point of doing thje write up.
Last edited by Jesus Tod' at Aug 21, 2006,
this will probably be closed down. Under A Stone With No Inscription is a fantastic album. i have all their stuff, i started a thread on them a little while back when i went to go see them, but **** all people seemed to know who they were.
awesome band.