I'm looking for a tube head less than $1,000 with really sexy cleans. I'm not worried about any other channel on the amp, cuz i can always buy an od pedal, but a good od is a plus. the main thing i want are really good clean tones. nice, crisp, tube cleans, not the solid state crap i been useing
twin reverbs are sick vibro verbs are theyre just under 1000 if you look around
NYLON ACOUSTICS!

Quote by Stop Messin'
Circle jerk eh? Jeez look out Eddie Van Halen, The_Clap is making a Spankenstrat

Quote by zeppelinpage4
Yeah no foreplay needed with a Blues Jr. she'll warm herself up.
pretty much any fender amp over $650
Going to Columbia University this fall! Woohoo!
Member of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Potsmokers Association
Quote by freedumb
fender bassman can do cleans, and lighter overdrive stuff.

get the bassman
Quote by axslinger060988
I'm looking for a tube head less than $1,000 with really sexy cleans. I'm not worried about any other channel on the amp, cuz i can always buy an od pedal, but a good od is a plus. the main thing i want are really good clean tones. nice, crisp, tube cleans, not the solid state crap i been useing

well you can buy any tube amp and throw some nice tubes in it to get the cleans you want. i use 6550-c groove tubes. and a chorus pedal. the cleans are amazing.
Well i'm in a band and we're fixing to play alot of live stuff, so i'm looking for a half stack, unless those amps get really loud. Do any of these come in a head, or are they combos?
A halfstack is usually overkill. Micing amps is usually how larger auditoriums go. Tube amps above 30 watts are plenty loud enough. If not, then you mic it.
Yeah , most fenders are combos, although I think you can get a bassman head. The AC30 is in head or combo form. The combo's are all WAY loud enough for gigging, many musicians use them at huge venues, although they are mic'd. What kinda music do you need these cleans for? Cause if it's anything too heavy, you probably gonna want to A/B it with an amp more suited to heavy overdrive/distortion. Edit: Or run a nice distortion through it.
These go to eleven...
Last edited by JimPlaysGuitar at Aug 21, 2006,
Twin Reverb, Deluxe Reverb, Super Reverb (I've got this one and I love it), Bassman. So basically any of the vintage Fender amps.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Well, me and my cousin are in a progressivemetalemocore band aka Progressive/metal/emo/hardcore, and were very original, not like all the bands you here on the radio, we have a extremely wide viriaty of influenses. anyways, i'm really picky about my tone, almost @$$whole like when it comes to that, and i'm tired or useing solid states, i can't get what i want, and i've been through 4 amps, 2 crate and 2 peavey

oh and what about the Kustom '72 Coupe....... they look like they would sound good haha
You might want to look into something more balanced between clean and distortion, cause something with the best cleans is gonna be lacking in distortion for emo/emocore/metal. Unless it's a really expensive high end amp.
These go to eleven...
Fender Twin Reverb. Orange AD30
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
well, if you're gonna need more versitality, i'd go for a jcm 900. some people say they're buzzy and that jcm 800's are better, but this is bull**** (although the lead channel can be trebelly when the master volume is dimed, just turn down the trebel a bit.) i can get great cleans all the way up to a good hard rock lead tone... but i like my cleans to be slightly overdriven... not like sterile clean, so this might not be for you.
i heard someone playing a blues junior and then a twin reverb in my local music store and IMO i think both have great cleans, even wanted to quickly buy one in case there was only one left but was really unsure of the overdriven sound.