Ive been playing guitar for almost 6 years now. My main guitar right now is an Epi LP classic, and i have just some peavey 15 watt amp and ive got $1000. So i could get a new amp, although i dont perform and only use the amp outside of practice for when i have a jam session or something. But i could also get a Gibson SG classic which i have been lusting over for a long time. If you think i should get a new amp please give some examples of good amps for about $1000 as i dont know much about em.
it depends on what u play
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Oh yea, i play mostly classic rock like frampton and hendrix, some blues and a little bit of harder rock like guns n roses.
Good god man, don't waste your money on the allure of an SG, get a valve amp!
Love is not a victory march.
playing a gibson SG through a 15 watt amp does not do it justice at all. If yuure looking for that big calssic rock sound, get yourself a nice tube amp. Then save up for a new guitar after that, or swap in some new pickups. But a tube amp mght make you love your guitar a lot more. For under a grand you can get a Vox AC30, which is great cranked for classic rock and blues stuff, greatest cleans ever. There are a bunch of fender tube amps for under 1000, lots of choices man. A nice tube combo will do you good. Just go shopping! or check, out musiciansfriend.com for some tube amps under 1000, and start researching! and start finding them and playing them, good luck,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Quote by ark
playing a gibson SG through a 15 watt amp does not do it justice at all. If yuure looking for that big calssic rock sound, get yourself a nice tube amp. Then save up for a new guitar after that, or swap in some new pickups. But a tube amp mght make you love your guitar a lot more. For under a grand you can get a Vox AC30, which is great cranked for classic rock and blues stuff, greatest cleans ever. There are a bunch of fender tube amps for under 1000, lots of choices man. A nice tube combo will do you good. Just go shopping! or check, out musiciansfriend.com for some tube amps under 1000, and start researching! and start finding them and playing them, good luck,

QFT Sir; t'is exactly what I would of written if i had the time.
Love is not a victory march.
I like the Peavey Classic 30. And it's only about 500 bucks. For a non-gigging musician, a 1000 stack would sorta be a waste of money. I would get the Classic 30, then have over half of what you need for the SG left over.
Rolling Stones October 8th.....hell yea
Keep the LP, get a new amp.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yeah... read my post above and youll see i already decided that, can anyone answer my question?
Oh, sorry didnt' see it.

That Vox is a damn good amp, but for that price you can get a decent valve combo, which will sound a lot better.
And don't get a talk box yet mate, just put the money towards an amp and then buy a talk box later, think about it, how much will you use it really?
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Get a new amp, the Epi LP isn't a bad guitar. Try out the Vox AC30, or get a Fender Hot Rod DeVille.
Sent from my iPad.
Get a used Mesa F-50 Combo
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
Amp all the way man. Unless the playability on your guitar is absolutely terrible. Ive come to realize that the guitar really has a minimal effect on tone. With a guitar your basically paying for playabillity.
have you ever checked out the peavy valveking 212??? 2x12 with 100w all tube power, i liked it, but it may just be me
Traynor - may need a tube replacement out of the box, reverb isn't close to the Fender's

Fender - 60w is a lot for someone that doesn't gig, distortion may not be enough

Both will take pedals very well.
Last edited by colin617 at Aug 22, 2006,
Get a Fender Hotrod 410. Around $800 and it sounds amazing. You can get a similar hotrod for like $600 that has two 12 inch speakers, because four 10 inch speakers is a bit much if you don't even have a band.
Last edited by Wiggie at Aug 22, 2006,