Okay It all started when me and a buddy started playing guitar together. We wrote a couple songs. We didn't have a drummer or bassist or anything but my buddy was already in a band. they needed another guitarist so he wanted me to join the band.
He doesn't just want me to play guitar he wants me to sing to cuz he heard me sing
once and he thought I was good but every time I sing in front of the band I hold back
not singing the best I can I don't what the **** happens whenever I sing in front of people I **** myself you guys got any suggestions on how to over come my fear
Close your eyes. My vocal instructor insisted that my problem was that i was singing to the croud when i was singing with my eyes open, and a visual on the crowd caused insecurity. Closing your eyes block everybody (visually) try that.
ya close your eyes and imagine yourself alone
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
^Can't say I agree with that...

Closing your eyes is a really good suggestion. Besides that I would try singing in front of friends and/or family. The more used you are to singing in front of people the easier it will be to do it.
WARNING:This post contains explicit portrayals of violence; sex; violent sex; sexual violence; clowns and violent scenes of violent excess, which are definitely not suitable for all audiences.
^ I've done that. Sometimes I would walk into a room that they're in and start belting out any wierd tune. I'm currently focusing on "End of the World" by REM. Oh yeah. They're getting annoyed.

Also, try making it fun. Pick an upbeat or silly song that you know well, and sing like no one's listening. (I personally hate that phrase; it's so cheesey, but it works.)

Don't pick anything you know you can't do, it may lower your self esteem.
Quote by terryguitar
GROW UP WE DONT NEED 2 CHEAT WHEN OUR KIDS ARE BEAUTIFUL

Quote by blynd_snyper
Ummm, petrol? Nip down to your local petrol station, buy a litre of the stuff and soak your balls in it, light them up and start playing with them.
Sing in front of family in friends a lot. If you can sing in front of them, you can sing in front of anybody.
It'll pass. The more you play in front of people, the more you'll loosen up. Just keep at it and pretty soon you'll wonder why you ever worried
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██
████████████████████
██████████████████████
Quote by Baba O'Riley
^Can't say I agree with that...

Closing your eyes is a really good suggestion. Besides that I would try singing in front of friends and/or family. The more used you are to singing in front of people the easier it will be to do it.

Just sing everywhere....
Also record your voice (with reverb). Do you best and if you can get used to your singing voice and realizing that it is as good as people say it is. This will raise your self-esteem and get over the feeling that people are judging your singing.

DJ
i can sing without playing guitar, but its way hard, if i do i have tons for confidence.

I would just tell yourself "I'm a pussy if i cant sing infront of people"
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310