Right basically i need a guitar pedal(s).

i dont have a clue so i thought i would ask UG first before looking i play any music rock, metal, indie, folk anything but i need a pedal and i have been looking at the line 6 XTpod live or watever its called because i have a spider II amp but does anyone know a awsome pedal or to get a collection of boss or something?

dont worry about price just dont go crazy or give a few pedals deppending on price range.
ok if you want my opinion by a new amp first it will vastly improve your tone then buy effects later
Whats your budget?
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
ok if you want my opinion by a new amp first it will vastly improve your tone then buy effects later
Whats your budget?

Spider II is an awsome amp iv played marshalls, peavy, crate and many more and the line 6 over ran them all for what i need it is a half stack if your wondering i havnt played a combo maybe they are worse but the stack is awsome. and budget not important im 15 and i work so i can get money easy
ok your amp is crap thats just the way of things i know tone is subjective but the Spider is crap no matter how horrible your tone is go play some good amps and you will know what i mean.

I think you should just get a Marshall DSL 50 and 1960a cab off ebay for 1000 USD and it will be much better than buy effects later
Quote by Syn Harvest
ok your amp is crap thats just the way of things i know tone is subjective but the Spider is crap no matter how horrible your tone is go play some good amps and you will know what i mean.

I think you should just get a Marshall DSL 50 and 1960a cab off ebay for 1000 USD and it will be much better than buy effects later

you dont have a clue if you think its crap now leave this thread so i can get help. i love my amp i think its awsome so thats me not u i love the tone the tone is me
so you can go home.
allright dude i just tried to help but i guarentee you that you will probably get no help due to the fact that everyone is gonna tell you what i told you
sorry Hazza but Syn is right, upgrading yor amp from a bad one (yours) will make its tone incredibly better, ididnt listen to what people said, i regret it so much, you will.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
i told you but you didnt want to listen
Some pedals? Chorus, Flanger, Acoustic Simulator, Delay, Wah, Phaser, Talkbox. Go nuts.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
i told you but you didnt want to listen
dude whats up with this attitude?

anyway, if youre happy with the spider, we're not stopping you, and it is a pretty good amp to experiment with lots of different sounds and have fun. now since you said money isnt too big a problem and you seem to like the versatility of modeling stuff, ill suggest getting a pod xtlive (but ill also say, you have to be prepared to spend alot of time tweaking and downloading patches for it). also, if the spider head that youre using has an fx return, you should put it through that. you can buy a separate poweramp and cabinet for use with the podxt also, or take a look at atomic amps, which i hear nothing but praise about.
wait ok i have played loads of marshal stacks i played MG, JCM, DLS i think not sure on series but i have played all those and compared to my line 6 i didnt think i could get better i havent played a spider II combo so i imagine the tone must be worse so if you havnt played the spider II HD 150 watt dont say its crap. if you have and you think its crap fare enough thats you but for me i couldnt get a better amp for the money.

This is my EQ so far:
Fender 72 custom telecaster
Marshall MG 30 watt thingy
an old roland amp 50 watt
a behringer ultraacoustic
an ovation tangent
Zoom crap thing
and my line 6

some is my dads aswell but thats what i play my next guitar i will get will be a gibson les paul probably and im not looking for another amp i dont need one my line 6 is perfect my guitar is perfect but my pedal is not which is why im asking for help with my pedal not amp not guitar pedal so you can say my stuff is crap and that i dont mind but aslong as you say get this pedal or this one is good that will help me.
Quote by VR6 Stoner
you are one dumb ****ing kid.

Just because you disagree doesnt mean you are correct, guitar tone, playability, looks etc are all subjective. in future respect other peoples opinions and if their thoughts truly offend you then dont post in the thread. As for pedals, first let us know which effects you are happy with on your spider. I liked the delay when i had one so that might be ok, as a general rule i think all guitarists should have

Compressor
Wah Wah
Modulation of your choice (i prefer phaser but its up to you)
Delay

They are the musts IMO.
i need a wah wah for sure and pretty much anything else like an all in one pedal that has chorus, flanger, delay, phaser, wah wah and a volume pedal would be sex
Quote by VR6 Stoner
beatmetallica mind your own business

Bad move....
Celtic FootballClub1888
Quote by VR6 Stoner

This is a publicly accessible forum for which beatallica is a moderator, if either of you aren't minding their own buisness it would be you.

For the threadstarter, if you like your Spider II then it doesn't matter who says its not a good amp, if you like the tone you get out of it then stick to your guns. I think as far as a pedal goes you just gotta figure out what kind of effect you want, IE phaser, or delay etc, then check out all the pedals you can find and find the one you like the sound of best.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by VR6 Stoner

Either you're blind by not noticing that beatallica is a mod, or you're just plain retarded.

EDIT: threadstarter, just go to GC and try out some of their pedals.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I'm not sure exactley what you want. Distortion? Overdrive? Compression? What?

At any rate here's stuff I'd suggest
Distortion/Overdrive
BOSS BD-2
BOSS SD-1
BOSS DS-1
BOSS OD-3
Tech 21 American Woman

Compression
BOSS CS-3

Other junk
BOSS DD-3
BOSS PS-5

Wah
Any Dunlop Crybaby or VOX

I like BOSS products, by the way.
"There's Jimmy Page, one of the biggest thieves of American black music to ever walk the Earth."
Ok, some serious advice...

A few of the first pedals you want to get are (and in this order too i suggest).

BOSS GE-7 (Really helps your tone and useful as a gain boost for solo's etc)
BOSS TU-2 (Especially if your gigging. This pedal is a MUST)
Ibanez TS-9 (or TS-808 if you can afford it) *NOTE* dont bother with this one unless you've got a nice tube amp.
BOSS CS-3 (Compression/Sustain can make a huge difference)

The thing with effects pedals is that they can only enhance whats already there. Start with a bad tone and you'll and up with a slightly better bad tone. Start with a good tone and you'll hit something beautiful. If you like your current tone, then the pedals above should help compliment what you already have.
In my opinion (this comes from playing a bunch of stuff, not just naming what I currently have):

The best pedals are these:

Wah - Vox Clyde McCoy
Chorus - Small Clone
Distortion - MXR
EQ - MXR
Phaser - MXR
Flanger - (Honestly, I haven't really tested many of these...so I don't know)

thats basically some of the best pedals I've found...as far as delay, flanger, and reverb go, I couldn't tell you...I rarely use delay, and I use my fender twin reverb for the reverb obviously.
~The Gear~
Schecter Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 550
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960 4x12
VHT Two/Fifty/Two
ADA-MP1
Eventide Eclipse
^^ is the mxr 10band worth the extra cost compared to something like the fish n chips?
I love the MXR 10band...It's well worth the money IMO. No other EQ has made as happy as this one...
~The Gear~
Schecter Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 550
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960 4x12
VHT Two/Fifty/Two
ADA-MP1
Eventide Eclipse
Quote by VR6 Stoner

This is my business, as is the general conduct of all users on these boards, i will deal with you later.

And what the hell is beatmetallica, a heavy metal version of beats international or something.
@ VR6 Stoner

The MXR EQ's are terrible. Least transparent EQ I've ever used.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.