I was checking out this tube amp head called a B-52 AT-100. It says that it can produce crystal clear cleans to massive amounts of distortion, and can handle any style of music from blues to metal. So now for my question is this amp really what it says, is it quaility and is this a good deal?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_b52_at100_100w_tube_guitar_amp_with_tri_mode_rectifier?full_sku=102919289
its meh its ok for the money and a few people on here have one and have said good things but for the price of that plus a cab you could get a much better amp

What kind of music do you play and whats your maximum budget
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by Syn Harvest
its meh its ok for the money and a few people on here have one and have said good things but for the price of that plus a cab you could get a much better amp

What kind of music do you play and whats your maximum budget

I going for about $1500, I play all kinds of rock from clean stuff to lots of distortion. But the main music I play is Punk like no use for a name, and lagwagon to name a few. I'm in a Punk band so I need something that I can play a show with.
im gonna say look into a Marshall DSL 50 with a 1960a cab you can probably get it off ebay for 1000 it will suit your needs very well then you have an additional 500 for any effects you might want to get
Quote by Syn Harvest
im gonna say look into a Marshall DSL 50 with a 1960a cab you can probably get it off ebay for 1000 it will suit your needs very well then you have an additional 500 for any effects you might want to get

How much would one of those be new? I dont really like spending money like that without a warranty.
New your looking at about 1500 if you get it from GC you can haggle the price down
Quote by Osiris77
I was checking out this tube amp head called a B-52 AT-100. It says that it can produce crystal clear cleans to massive amounts of distortion, and can handle any style of music from blues to metal. So now for my question is this amp really what it says, is it quaility and is this a good deal?
http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_b52_at100_100w_tube_guitar_amp_with_tri_mode_rectifier?full_sku=102919289

umm i ve played them and the cleans are decent. i think a JCM 2000 will give you beter cleans. although you could throw some 6550-C GTs in it and the cleans will be a lot beter. also get a chorus pedal. that will improve the cleans.
Quote by Syn Harvest
New your looking at about 1500 if you get it from GC you can haggle the price down

alright thanks for your help