BC Richs?

No. Bad Painter... No.

I'd love to see a Les Paul painted..... Never seen one like that.....
Quote by Vornik
There's nothing illogical about slavery.
Quote by Constantine
BC Richs?

No. Bad Painter... No.

I'd love to see a Les Paul painted..... Never seen one like that.....

How are they not BC rich?

I am painting a Gibson SG next week.
Quote by aragoncustoms
How are they not BC rich?

I am painting a Gibson SG next week.

I realize they ARE BC Rich's, But.... Ugh.... BC Rich's are all form, and no function.

And I hope you put that SG up on here........ I'd like to see what theme you do on it.
Quote by Vornik
He means that BC Richs are ****ty guitars made out of ****ty wood. In reality all you've done is made a guitar that's only good quality is looks, and made it look better.

I do have to say that it looks amazing, but it's wasted on such a poor quality guitar.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Constantine
I realize they ARE BC Rich's, But.... Ugh.... BC Rich's are all form, and no function.

And I hope you put that SG up on here........ I'd like to see what theme you do on it.

Well my type of art I enjoy is dark/fantasy type stuff but I can do anything. I am thinking of what I should/could do on it that would fit the guitar well.....

any opinions?
i dont think he cares, he is just painting them.

and great job. i wish i could paint
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by Will_Minus
He means that BC Richs are ****ty guitars made out of ****ty wood. In reality all you've done is made a guitar that's only good quality is looks, and made it look better.

I do have to say that it looks amazing, but it's wasted on such a poor quality guitar.

ANy recomendations as to what kind of bodies are good or what type of wood? I am re selling them and would like to know what a good quality body or guitar manufacturere is.

thanks.
whatd u use to paint them? im interested in painting one of my guitars
Gear

Johnson strat copy
epi les paul jr
epi les paul studio
Ibanez gax 75
crate 10 watt
crate fxt 120
danelectro honeytone
marshall 8200 bichorus
behringer 400watt cab
Do you guys know of bernie rico jr guitars? The son of BC rich creator, anyway I will be doing at least one guitar for him in the near future. He has a very high quality guitar he makes.
Quote by SillyShoe

all Euro, might use polyester clear though for the guitars now.
with an airbrush and a sata minijet. reduce the hell out of the paint adn you can get a very very fine line for illustrating images such as I did.
alder, mahagony, basswood (in certain applications) are good woods for guitar bodies. explorers, firebirds, ESP, Jackson, Ibanez will look good with your painting style
http://www.wildwestguitars.com/jacksonhome.htm
check some of the guitars there, theyhave some killer paint jobs.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by SillyShoe

If you know nothing abotu painting and prepping for paint, I would suggest you erally research before you try or you can ruin your project.
Quote by tubadude
alder, mahagony, basswood (in certain applications) are good woods for guitar bodies. explorers, firebirds, ESP, Jackson, Ibanez will look good with your painting style
http://www.wildwestguitars.com/jacksonhome.htm
check some of the guitars there, theyhave some killer paint jobs.

Yup, My idol mike learn painted the best ones I see there. I talk to him every week. I have a very simialr style as him but he has som eyears one me. I willl be as good as him eventually.

The body I posted is alder and I am trying to get some jacksons and ibanez' too. I have one more warlock body that is "basswood".
Quote by aragoncustoms
Well my type of art I enjoy is dark/fantasy type stuff but I can do anything. I am thinking of what I should/could do on it that would fit the guitar well.....

any opinions?

Well yes, I do Agree with you, The Dark/Fantasy sort of thing does suit the Warlock shape well, but it's the guitar as a whole that most people (guitarists) have a problem with... Simply put, It's horrid...

With an SG, Meh, I'm not sure... I'd personally go more angelic...... If i could paint that is.... Good luck with your painting lol.
Quote by Vornik
nice stuff

dude you have an edit button, please use it, as double/multiple posting is against the rules
btw where abouts are you? i MAY be interested in having you paint my guitar.
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
how much will it cost to get a paint job like that? i plan i building a guitar soon but painting is like a foriegn language to me.
Quote by bambi_slaughter

how do you get a baby in a tupperwear container?
use the blender.
how do you get it out again?
tostitos.
Wow. That is really nice. Good job. Try to get your hands on perhaps an ESP EX-400. They have a pretty cool shape.
Quote by seek_&_destroy
nice stuff

dude you have an edit button, please use it, as double/multiple posting is against the rules
btw where abouts are you? i MAY be interested in having you paint my guitar.

I am in northern california. PM me if you are interested, serious interests only please as I have put a lot of time into people who unfortunately waste our time.
Quote by MsterofPuppets7
how much will it cost to get a paint job like that? i plan i building a guitar soon but painting is like a foriegn language to me.

Something like those pics, I can really only go as low as about $300 (that includes SMALL body work, paint and clearcoated and polished). or I will be making about $5.00 and hour lol.
Quote by Rocknificent
Wow. That is really nice. Good job. Try to get your hands on perhaps an ESP EX-400. They have a pretty cool shape.

yea those are kinda cool. See I decided to paint these warlocks because I want to paint something that is different, those bodies dont look like a "normal" guitar. I guess I have to appeal to everyone though so I will look into doing some jacksons/ibanez too. I have a kelly body in the mail right now, should be here on the 25th.
^Edit Button! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Quote by Vornik
Quote by Constantine
^Edit Button! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I am quoting each response so they know who I am referring to.
You can quote each response, and put them all into a single post still.....

Write your full post, Then Cut.

Quote the next one, Hit paste.

Hit Cut. Quote next one, then hit paste.... It stops teh cluttering of teh thread.
Quote by Vornik
ok this is a nice airbush job

try something along these lines and use the wood as a back drop...rather than something to cover up with primer just do some experimenting but good job this far...i liked the flames on your last one as well
i've been wanting to get into airbrushing, i have all the supplies. i just have to ask, did that airbrush paint go over the original color without sanding?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by mutated_riff
ok this is a nice airbush job

try something along these lines and use the wood as a back drop...rather than something to cover up with primer just do some experimenting but good job this far...i liked the flames on your last one as well

That is cool, I can do something like that. thanks, the wood for the backdrop is a great idea!
Quote by shredmeiser101
i've been wanting to get into airbrushing, i have all the supplies. i just have to ask, did that airbrush paint go over the original color without sanding?

No, you have to scuff up the surface or the paint will flake off easily. Clear after the art is done.
cool, what's a good paint to thinner ratio for airbrush paint?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
Quote by shredmeiser101
cool, what's a good paint to thinner ratio for airbrush paint?

for euro, man, I have to really really thin it out. Like 5 parts thinner to 1 part paint approx. just experiment until you get it to where you need it. if its spitttin, you need mroe reducer.
I think BC Rich body shapes go well with your painting but also

Double neck SG
Explorer
Flying V
ML
Iceman (as you rarely see them with a cool paint job with the exception of daron malakian)

theres so many, are you getting the bodies off warmoth? they have loads of different shaped bodies ready for painting
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I think BC Rich body shapes go well with your painting but also

Double neck SG
Explorer
Flying V
ML
Iceman (as you rarely see them with a cool paint job with the exception of daron malakian)

theres so many, are you getting the bodies off warmoth? they have loads of different shaped bodies ready for painting

I am buying em off ebay for like 30-75 bucks. Warmoth charges $190.+ for the same body, same wood same everything!!
Yea I am sorry but that guy is ripping people off IMO. I can make my own and spend no more than 50-80 bucks.
Hey, good work on the guitars, are those the mike learn stencil designs?
The truck you posted on AB with the pinstriping is great by the way, send me a pm with your e-mail address or something so we can chat.