I have a wizard neck, but just curious as to why people think a thin neck is faster?

Too me it seems weird cause when you hold a guitar the shape in your palm is anything but flat. if you look through the shape side on its more like a circle. So a C shape neck would seem to be a better shape.

Just wanting to understand the theory behind thin necks.
Smaller hands have trouble reaching all of the frets really quickly. I like thicker necks since my hands are close to nine inches from the bottom of the palm to the tip of the middle finger.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
I find taht thinner necks play faster, but its just kind of a personal preference
Quote by spazzymagee417
i would pay more for a midget corpse than an average size corpse
I prefer big necks just cause well I don't have small hands and a big neck feels better.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
i have an SG and i guess it is classified at a thicker neck but i like it....but i guess i have big hands
Well, it's a matter of preference, but as I have somewhat small hands, I prefer thinner necks, though the Ibanez wizard neck is too thin for me, I prefer stuff like the fast necks on Jacksons, and the thin flat necks on ESPs
ESP and Jackson Fanboy
Quote by dead_shall_rise
Try one and you will see.

I have one.

I dont see why its supposedly quicker. Im trying to find out why, physically why. Like I said, its not the natural shape of the closed palm, a rounder neck is, more support.
Quote by UnDead_Knight1
Well, it's a matter of preference, but as I have somewhat small hands, I prefer thinner necks, though the Ibanez wizard neck is too thin for me, I prefer stuff like the fast necks on Jacksons, and the thin flat necks on ESPs

but a thin neck would be less suitable for u wouldnt it? i mean a narrow yet round neck would offer more support and easier access to the low E string. where as the thin neck offers less support to the natural shape of the palm yet is also wider in the frets, which means its more of a stretch.
I think wood and finish has much more to do with it.
Lightly finished maple is way fast, no matter what cut.
I play a schector though, Gloss mahogany. I like it.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
yep thats the one thing i find fast about my neck is the unfinished feel.