Hi i own a spider II 120watt amp, at my bands practice i am getting a horrible feedback when i get it close to the halfway mark no the volume, so its very ahrd to hear me when im not getting feedback, i stand about 6 fet away from my amp, the feedback isnt there when i play, but at pauses its awfull, and yes im muting my strings, can anyone help me or does anyone else have this problem?!?!?!
What type of pickups are you using? If they're single coil, might need a re-wax/glue.
I have Spider II 30, i get pretty bad feedback sometimes. Its alot better now that i have some high quality cables. And also, the amps not THAT bad.
/SG/
"In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming."
Move further away from you amp maybe? If you dont have enough patch chord, buy a 20 footer or two.

Is the gan to 10? Turn the gain down a little,

Do you ahve a bunch of pedals on? Such as a distortion pedal? If so, turn that off until you start to play.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
shector omen 6 is the guitar, dual humbuckers, no pedal, yes gains 10, heavy metal band :] il ltry lowring it and messing around with that more, i stand about 6 feet away, not much room in the practice room, but even when im further it doesnt change
if theres alotta cables in the wall or electrical equipment that plays hell with your gear man. movve the amps away from the walls.
Gear:
Wasburn x-40w/floyd roseOFR
Swineshead venom+warthog pups
Kustom 100 wt quad DFX,Boss MT-2,Ibanez TS-7
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.
Quote by jett12
Hi i own a spider II 120watt amp, at my bands practice i am getting a horrible feedback when i get it close to the halfway mark no the volume, so its very ahrd to hear me when im not getting feedback, i stand about 6 fet away from my amp, the feedback isnt there when i play, but at pauses its awfull, and yes im muting my strings, can anyone help me or does anyone else have this problem?!?!?!

I feel your pain man I'm have the same probelm with my Flextone 3. Its those stupid pauses that really sound bad. Well I think it just mean that you should never buy a line 6 again! I know I'm not!
Quote by jett12
shector omen 6 is the guitar, dual humbuckers, no pedal, yes gains 10, heavy metal band :] il ltry lowring it and messing around with that more, i stand about 6 feet away, not much room in the practice room, but even when im further it doesnt change

I already tried turning the gain down unless you put it down around 3 or 4 it wont help and at a gain of 3 or 4 palm muting doesnt sound right for me(I play in a punk band) and lead just sounds terrible at such a low gain.