I believe i've special squier. it's a Standard Stratocaster in montego black color with fender super bullet strings, mother of pearl dots on a rosewood fretboard and a syncronized fender tremolo (i believe). it has a superb sound only with noise due to the S-S-S configuration and bad shielding. it was bough on a music store on 2004 and it was about 280 euros. How can i tell if it is a special edition or something (without taking pickguards, neck...)?

the serial number is CY03049101 and it says above Crafted in China
uh...easy way. squier doesn't do special editions.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
Is it this Strat? Because that is called the Squier Affinity Series Strat. I got one for my first electric guitar. It's a very nice starter guitar that I still use sometimes because it has a nicer clean sound than my newest guitar.
Quote by jimmydude75
Is it this Strat? Because that is called the Squier Affinity Series Strat. I got one for my first electric guitar. It's a very nice starter guitar that I still use sometimes because it has a nicer clean sound than my newest guitar.

no. it's a standard series and it's stratocaster not strat. thankx
um, are you stupid? A strat is just a nickname for a stratocaster. Maybe you got a rare good one or something, but who knows
ok so its a standard squier stratocaster then?

what's on the headstock.

^morning i think he means it says the full name spelled out on the headstock.
some squiers just have STRAT. but yeah its the same thing.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by morningdove2
um, are you stupid? A strat is just a nickname for a stratocaster. Maybe you got a rare good one or something, but who knows

no, you are stupid. affinity strats have only strat on the headstock. listen to jj1565.

it says standard series only. i believe it is special because it isn't on the frontline of that year.thankx
Squier does have specials or limited editions every now an then. They are not crap like everyone says, theyre good for the money and the affinitys are alder and take well to upgrades.

Man, now I'm remembering this thread where this guy said his squier was awesome and there were about 100 replies calling him stupid
even if a squier or a fender is a limited or a special edition, it doesnt necessarily mean its worth more.
usually it just means it cane in a different color, or had some sort of special cosmetic or hardware difference.

for example my 95 mim fender has a 50 yr anniversary special something or other sticker on it. but its still just a mim strat, u know?
not sure about the money conversion here, but unless its a japanese squier, might just be a squier.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011