Is a Gibson SG Standard a good guitar for the money or is there a different guitar thats better for the same price? I play mostly punk stuff.
it's a pretty good guitar for it's price. i'd get it if i had the money.
great guitar i personally like the gibson classic better but thats just me try them out before you buy it go to a gutiarcenter
Gibson LesPaul Standard 1958 Custom Shop
Fender Stratocaster 70s Reissue
Charvel-Jackson Vintage Acoustic
Vox ac30
^The classic has P90's.

Oh and the SG standard is a great guitar. Specially if you play Blues and Classic Rock, or just plain out rock. Very versatile. Could take a while to get used to the neck, but its worth it.
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
You could also look into the Epiphone G400, I heard it's great guitar for the price. They made need a pup change but even after that your still almost half of a standard SG
Guitar:
ESP LTD EC-1000 STBC

Bass:
Fender MIA Black/Maple Jazz 4 String
Ampeg B-40 4x10 Cab
Ampeg SVT3 Pro
Last edited by Bad Seed at Aug 21, 2006,
I have a Gibson SG standard and I love it. If you buy one. You wont regret it.
I might venture to say that it's the best guitar for it's price range.
dude dont get it. Only get it if you like the feeling of the neck. But, to me the neck felt like a tree truck. And for solos its basically crap. So i would advice getting a jackson, Ibanez or maybe even an ESP. Get a Jackson dinky or soloist they practically kick ass.
^for punk? I like SGs but I prefer the feel of a Tele neck. I would go for a Tele if you prefer classic punk (Ramones, Sex Pistols, Clash, etc.)
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Quote by Nick_04
dude dont get it. Only get it if you like the feeling of the neck. But, to me the neck felt like a tree truck. And for solos its basically crap. So i would advice getting a jackson, Ibanez or maybe even an ESP. Get a Jackson dinky or soloist they practically kick ass.

Its all based on personal preference really. I love my SG.
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
It's a really nice guitar. The necks is nice as it is on most Gibsons and the sound is VERY versatile and pretty good for stuff like classic rock, blues and even harder rock.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?