i play mostly metal and classic rock and i have an ibanez rg4ex1 and i want to replace the pick ups but i dont know which ones to get...so please help
bass wood is the worste wood for a guitar that there is..its like...lumber get some mahogany or something :P but as in pickups i would go with nothing activethe wood would **** wiht the sound, something like a d'imarzio or somethign aong that line as in brand just pick the pup to ur style
Sex is good
Sex is fine
Doggy Style & 69
Just for fun
Or gettin paid
Everyone likes gettin laid
^ You hush.

Basswood is a perfectly fine guitar wood, it's light and has an amazing tone to it. Any pickups work fine in any wood, tone is subjective. Also what kind of amp do you have?
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
There are plenty of High End Guitars made of Basswood....

Check out some Dimarzios, They're used on High end Ibanez's a lot and are supposed to work well with basswood in particular
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
Quote by BlackList666
bass wood is the worste wood for a guitar that there is..its like...lumber get some mahogany or something :P but as in pickups i would go with nothing activethe wood would **** wiht the sound, something like a d'imarzio or somethign aong that line as in brand just pick the pup to ur style

no no, you're thinking of agathis
Nicks and dents are battle scars...they give a guitar history.

Quote by Homer Simpson
When you think about it, mud is just wet dirt.
Aren't BC Rich's made of agathis :-P

I suggest this, go to Dimarzio's website and the Ibanez website. Look at Satriani and Vai's signature guitars (The JS and the JEM, respectively) and if you can, try playing a couple. Find out what the pickups in them are and then go from there.

Satriani and Vai do the metal/shred scene so those pickups would be a match for you :-)
Do not worry if you have built your castles in the air. They are where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.
- Thoreau

Ibanez Ex-370 For Sale!
right now i have a peavey amp but this weekend im going to buy a new one (dont know what kind yet)
The worst are made of laminates!!
Yes, like some of the cheap crap BC's which ruined the companies name imho.
Quote by BlackList666

You shut up your not allowed to speak anymore

To the threadstarter you should focus on getting a good amp before gettign new pick ups as the amp is the majority of your tone. what kind of amp do you plan on getting
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Quote by ride.the.cliche
Aren't BC Rich's made of agathis :-P

I suggest this, go to Dimarzio's website and the Ibanez website. Look at Satriani and Vai's signature guitars (The JS and the JEM, respectively) and if you can, try playing a couple. Find out what the pickups in them are and then go from there.

Satriani and Vai do the metal/shred scene so those pickups would be a match for you :-)

Vai's uses Evos and the JS models use PAF Fred, Mo' Joe, and others.

And the lower-end BC Rich's, ESP LTD's, and some Squiers are made of agathis. With great pickups and a great amp any guitar even of plywood will sound decent enough to mask the wood's tonal properties if it's complete ****.
Quote by SuperAnalytical
Vai's uses Evos and the JS models use PAF Fred, Mo' Joe, and others.

And the lower-end BC Rich's, ESP LTD's, and some Squiers are made of agathis. With great pickups and a great amp any guitar even of plywood will sound decent enough to mask the wood's tonal properties if it's complete ****.

Vai uses alot of different pickups. PAF Pros, Breed, Evos, Blaze.

The ones he uses in his basswood JEM's are Breed's, that would be your best bet for a vai'sh tone.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
I've never really played or heard any EMG's through a basswood guitar. But i'm sure it will sound fantastic as basswood is a really balanced tonewood.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing