Page 1 of 2
I was accually surprised to see that there wasnt a Skid Row thread on UG. Well now there is one. Talk about anything Skid Row, well anything except the new Skid Row, they suck now. The went downhill when Bach left the band. Rock On.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
i like eighteen and life by them, i don't know if i've heard anything else
i dont think they have a bad song, go download all their songs. haha
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
They were awsome, but Bach is such a dick, I like the guy but his behaviour ****ed up the band completely.
awesome band Youth gone wild is teh shiz
Quote by metalmonsterr
The first time i heard about Granny Sluts 16 on DVD i was like OMG AWESOME.I feel like they made it just for me, then after i saw it the black granny at the end just makes me feel really awkward and depressed
"Wasted Time" is one of the best songs I've ever heard.

Rachel Bolan is absolutely, without doubt, the BEST lyricist I can think of. I can't stand lyricists who just throw up something that rhymes that make no sense....and then pass it off as something that "only they know".

I understand that metaphor is a part of lyrical makeup, and has been since music was invented. But when a lyricist throws up (literally) crap that makes absolutely no sense, it tells me that they simply aren't working hard enough.

Bolan's lyrics are relative, thought-provoking, and humorous at times.

I love the first album. I didn't like the production on, "Slave to the Grind". But "Slave" has the best songs of the two albums, IMO.

The only two songs I liked on Subhuman Race were, "My Enemy" and "Eileen".
One of my favourite bands. Bach is hilarius. Anyone watch Supergroup? It's probably the funniest reality show I've ever seen, just because he's in it.

I'm really into the song, In a Darkened Room right now. Ya they're a good band.
All in the name of Rock

Motley Crue fan club member, sick **** (pm JeffWiredBeck)
I love in darkened room, little wing, and wasted time as far as ballad type recordings they've done they're live stuff is amazing to
Quote by Freepower

B) Think. This may be hard if you havent done it before, so start slow and with a metronome.

Quote by Punk Poser
What's in my wallet:
Broken Dreams, crushed oppurtinitues, and an old condom.

Quote by PooKoo
well, we are pricks, but were arrogant, not ignorant.
sebastian bach is god. and hilarious. i love Supergroup. i hope they make an album.
Quote by voxdude26
I was accually surprised to see that there wasnt a Skid Row thread on UG. Well now there is one. Talk about anything Skid Row, well anything except the new Skid Row, they suck now. The went downhill when Bach left the band. Rock On.

What the Hell? Dude he was the whole reason they were so great.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
quicksand jesus is a great song and Forever is by far my most favorite. it was unreleased. get it off limewire or their greatest hits.
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Absolutely brilliant band!! I don't think they're so bad now, I saw em live last Sept, n wow i was impressed. Yeh the singer, Solanger is it? he's not Sebastian Bach, but he does a damn good job now, and wow yeh, I don't know what i'd do without them... they make me feel good. The Threat is the best song, or Piece of me.
Just downloaded the new Revolutions per Minute (even though its not out yet) and im quite impressed. I think its their best since Slave to the Grind. Not as good as STTG but still...
thier debut record, was mint.....a bit of a surprise, bach got a good voice, and sabo fused eddie van halen and richie sambora into one sound......the solo on i'll remember you is decent....i think they only came around at the end of the cycle of that kind of music otherwise they would have been bigger
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It is already tomorrow in Australia.
Last edited by sambora at Sep 30, 2006,
THAT CHILD!!!!!

BLEW A CHILD AWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYAYAYAYAY!

- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
woohoo, Bach opens for GnR
All in the name of Rock

Motley Crue fan club member, sick **** (pm JeffWiredBeck)
Quote by *Flying_Blind*2
woohoo, Bach opens for GnR

One one night of the tour, axl rose gave up halfway through and bach took over the singing duties. So all those people paid to see a GnR cover band. hahaha.
lol GnR is a cover band hahaha

no but seriously did that happen?
-----(\__/)-----
------(0--0)-----
-----=\0/=-----

FIGHT THE BAN

SAVE OUR LAMBS
Quote by MedicTJ
"Wasted Time" is one of the best songs I've ever heard.

The only two songs I liked on Subhuman Race were, "My Enemy" and "Eileen".

I liked Breakin' Down from Subhuman Race.

I must agree with Wasted Time. Even after 15 years I still get chills listening to that song. One of the best - ever!

I saw Sebastian Bach live in Australia a few weeks ago. He was still awesome. He did mainly Skid Row stuff and threw in a couple of his tracks.
I last saw him when he toured with GnR and Skid Row here in 1993 at Calder Park Raceway. What a day that was.
Quote by Lost_Rose
lol GnR is a cover band hahaha

no but seriously did that happen?

yeah. at Wembley i think, not sure.
Anyone else heard Revolutions Per Minute yet?? Ive downloaded it and I think its awesome. Way better than Thickskin. Its not the same as Slave To The Grind obviously but its got some great songs =]
^^I got it nearly a month ago. I haven't listened to much of it yet. It's not the same without Sebastian, although I did like a few songs from Thickskin.
Im reviving this Thread. Long live Skid Row.
Quote by Draken
that 0/10 was for gonzo slash, i despise him.
N.W.A Is Fucking Up The Program
Co-Leader Of The League Of Toxicity33, Kankuro And Dr. Gonzo Slash
Quote by OneHappyCamper

Gonzo, you're a cool dude.
Quote by Dr. Gonzo Slash
Im reviving this Thread. Long live Skid Row.

Looks like it didnt work, lol. Ill help.

Listen to Skid Row bitches. I think the new albums ace even without Bach.
Monkey Business is pretty much one of the best metal songs ever.
Gear:
Epiphone LP Zakk Wylde Custom w/ EMG 81/85
Epiphone LP Standard w/ Duncan '59 and Burstbucker 3
Washburn N2 w/ Bill Lawrence L500
Takamine 535 a/e
Marshall JCM2000 DSL50
Randall Jaguar Cab
A slew of pedals
I saw Sebastian Bach the other night when I saw Guns & Roses, and was surprised. He is quite the frontman, very flashy, good showmanship and a great voice. I'm gonna dl some Skid Row and his solo stuff, a guy there told me half the songs he did in the 75 minute set were old Skid Row songs. 18 and Life is my favourite. Great live.
It's not the fear of what's beyond
It's just that I might not respond
Skid Row was the first band i listened to back in the day which wasnt nu-metal and helped me broaden my horizens and find bands such as guns n roses. Skid Row rock the shit of me every album with bach, i liked thickskin but the new album is terrible, really bad. However bach era is amazing, its mad to think he never wrote any of the lyrics, but his voice makes up for it.
wow, how ****ing scary, im listening to i remember you as i am typing this. wow
(washed away a dream of you, but nothing else could ever take you away. cause you'll always be my dream come true)
hehe, rawr. Yeeahh, i love skid row... one of the best hair bands for sure. not to mention, Sebastian is still looking hot as always, now in 2006. god i just love Sebastian! lol.
&& 18&Life is one of the best hairmetal songs ever recorded, in my opinion :P
and as we wind on down the road, our shadows taller than our soul. There walks a lady we all know, who shines white light and wants to show, how everything still turns to gold...Led Zeppelin is LOVE ;;
Skid Row is without a doubt my favorite band, i absoulutely love Bolans Lyrics. And thats bull shit, Bach is NOT skid row, he never was! Snake and Bolan Are SKID ROW. They Never Died. they still kick ass. Bach is an excelent singer dont get me rong, but I like the new vocals because he sounds nothing like Bach. It shows that they are moving on and never looking back!
Quote by obi500
Anyone else heard Revolutions Per Minute yet?? Ive downloaded it and I think its awesome. Way better than Thickskin. Its not the same as Slave To The Grind obviously but its got some great songs =]

I agree, this album owns!!
Im looking forward to Bachs solo album Angel Down

he has musicians from Rob Halfords solo band who did the "revolution" record. and also has some guys from testament in there I believe. Its going to be great.
Ah, hell yeah. I love Skid Row... Youth Gone Wild = Awesomeness in song form.
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén
In A Darkened Room was great. The lyrics just flowed and the song itself was perfect. Bach should stop doing his reality T.V. crap and whatever else he's doing and suck up his big ego and go back to Skid Row.
He'll never go back, it's too bad, but...... I can only take Bach's personallity in small doses lol
Originally posted by turinbrakes
actually YOU SUCK

"I once read a poem, held my breath
But that moment's gone
First time I felt life, somewhat hurts
Need an option and some hope "

Anders Fridén
The first time I ever heard Skid Row was the summer of 1989. It was there video "18 and Life" on MTV. I was 12 at the time.
Gear
BC Rich guitars
Crate amps

Heres my thrash song guitar demos - Thrash demos
Page 1 of 2