When recording with the Podxt, would I have to use my computer? Would the connection be direct? (not through a mic)

I've recorded some stuff in the past with a mic and it sounded different (more bass, more treble, static etc) everytime I'd go record. Would this problem be eliminated?

Are there any products similar to the Podxt?

Thanks.
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
You would record straight from the PODxt to the Line In on the sound card of your computer. There would be no mic involved and what you hear through the POD would be what is recorded. The static and EQ problems would be eliminated.

There are many products similiar to the PODxt. I would say that the POD is probably the best for recording though because it has the best amp models. Some others would be Boss GT-8, Boss GT-6, Digitech boards, POD 2.0 and Vox Tonelabs series.
you can also use the USB connection to record directly to computer with the Podxt.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Would it be better to get a Pod Xt Live instead of the Podxt? I'd like to have something for gigging too but something that could record also.
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
id recomend using the podxt's usb for recording. As for EQs, use the POD's EQ settings, and mic / cab settings to work out the balance.

The XT LIVE would be better for playing live, on a regular XT, you cant really switch from patche to patch without scrolling through optoins. Definitly XT LIVE is for LIVE use. The XT and XT LIVE are otherwise the exact same.
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville