Im looking for an amp that can cover these. Townshend through most of his eras (he played his amp crystal clean, with fuzz, so the amp needs reasonable cleans, though I usually scoop my overdrive a little bit so it sounds gritty clean on my neck pickup) and Alex Lifeson from around 1976 (Like the Album, 2112)

Mixed with Zep, Cream, Allman bros, and all sorts of heavy blues.
a marshall 1987x or a high watt maybe
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
^Marshall 1987x seems smart, has enough headroom for Pete Townshend sounds, but good gain for the other stuff.

Another thing you could do is to get a used Marshall JCM800 and something like a Sound City (HiWatt copy) or a Fender Deville.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Any other suggestions? (And I didnt reply because I was at the cottage).

And I forgot to mention my price range. I have an alright job, so nothing rediculous (no 3k, 2k is pushing it but if it really needs to be..)
^actually, soundcity made Pete's amps first. Get a Reeves Custom 50 or 100. It IS a Hiwatt with different badging and half the price. It is also an amazing amp.

Don't forget, Pete's clean tone was edgy, he just backed off the volume knob for the crystal tones.
Long Live Rock

Be it dead or alive..

Founding Member of the Capital Punishment to people posting about Guns N Roses in the Classic Rock Forum Club. PM me to join.

a proudly scarred member of the Windmiller's Club
Last edited by ZoSoII_13 at Aug 24, 2006,
Quote by ZoSoII_13

Don't forget, Pete's clean tone was edgy, he just backed off the volume knob for the crystal tones.

Yeah I misworded it. Well, the 'clear' still comes through, you han hear every single one of his strums.