Page 1 of 3
Out of all the UGists(embrace the new) here, who smokes? And what brand?

I'm quite partial to Camel Turkish Royals at the moment, and around the house I keep a pipe with a few different flavors to follow a good meal.
i don't. my lungs are teh pwnz.
What happens if people stop buying Merch merch?
You don't want to do that.
Why not?
Because then The Merch turns into the fleshreaper.
That sounds bad.
Yeah, he flies from house to house, collecting torsos.
I enjoy whichever brand gives me lung cancer.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Still trying to quit.

Parisienne Milds are the best cigs ever.

This thread has been done many times.

If you aren't really addicted already quit. After I got up to a pack a day quitting became 10 times harder. Four serious quit attempts later I am still having trouble. hopefully this will be the final one.
Im trying to cut back to a half pack a day now. I smoke Kamel Red Lights and Marlboro Reds.
WHY DON'T YOU CONSULT EROWID FIRST?
Quote by doggy_hat
It's sad how the love drug is corrupted with so much bullshit
Don't smoke mahn. I wanna live to be an old person.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
I like Marlbro Menthol Lights, but I don't smoke a lot.
I felt like a monster reincarnation of Horatio Alger......a man on the move and just sick enough to be totally confident.

Quote by Hexagram
Oh and Zeke, i find you to be over-rated
I should take up smoking. I want my lungs to be brown and shriveled and cancerous
Quote by Krost
a Ghost possessed my dog and made him buy a 50 cent CD.

Watch it now, watch it!

"I died a little inside when Steve Irwin died...RIP"

Honorary Masshole. PM SOADFanSince'98 to join.
man, the iforgot over/under until somebody posted a whiny, condescending post about how smoking is bad for you was gonna be 3, but i got beat to the punch by three people. (i'm not counting rankles or capsfan, they're not whiney and condescending)

edit: make that 4. mcut posted while i was typing
Quote by Roger_Waters
^ wow i actually almost missed that hahaha iforgot your a genious

Don't blame us if we ever doubt you, you know we couldn't live without you.

I'm oedipus, bitch, the original balla
Bust out my 9, light up your Impala
fuck that police!
Let's change this thread into a rant about how smoking is bad for your health!!!!
Quote by DunlopGuy
I...don't...get...this...thre (brain explodes)

Quote by glib homunculus
I make love to cheesecake.

Quote by iforgot539
man, the iforgot over/under until somebody posted a whiny, condescending post about how smoking is bad for you was gonna be 3, but i got beat to the punch by three people. (i'm not counting rankles or capsfan, they're not whiney and condescending)

edit: make that 4. mcut posted while i was typing

Rankles didn't post. Smoking is bad, if you're stupid enough to do and also defend it, that's up to you.

i meant bajeda... similar/same avatar.

i'm not defending it, i myself don't smoke. but i don't feel the need to bitch at everybody who does so i can feel smart and better than them. and it's ****ing annoying when you people do. seriously, people don't care, and you're not clever in your jokes about it. for christ's sakes, i swear you learn as a young child, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything."
but "there's nothing more exhilerating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there." (clerks)
Quote by Roger_Waters

fuck that police!
Last edited by iforgot539 at Aug 22, 2006,
Quote by iforgot539
i meant bajeda... similar/same avatar.

i'm not defending it, i myself don't smoke. but i don't feel the need to bitch at everybody who does so i can feel smart and better than them. and it's ****ing annoying when you people do. seriously, people don't care, and you're not clever in your jokes about it. for christ's sakes, i swear you learn as a young child, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything."
but "there's nothing more exhilerating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there." (clerks)

I just made a smart arse remark, because I found it amusing. If they wanna kill themselves over something so trivial, that's their problem.

i agree with you iforgot539

i've been smoking since i was 15(3 years).i smoke about a pack and a half a day. i started on marlboro reds 100's, then lucky strike, then marlboro lights, then parliament lights. i switched brands so many times cause the flavor got old. now mostly i get a pack or two from my dad's carton, they're dunhills, they're ok. don't start, i regret it. im fat, which you know already, and smoking makes it so much harder. my friends and i were going on top of this mountain one night to drink, and all the smokers kept taking 3 minute breaks every 2 minutes. i'm trying to quit and its freakin hard. im disgusted my smoking now, but i can't help it, im addicted.
Quote by Smokey Amp
I just made a smart arse remark, because I found it amusing. If they wanna kill themselves over something so trivial, that's their problem.

Actually, Smokey Amp, I have to disagree. Smoking IS definitley trivial but it's also a lot of fun, feels good, is relaxing, and is a great social activity. If you're just talking with some buddies, a cigarrette will relax you, make you feel more comfortable around them, make you laugh just a little bit more at jokes, and if there's an uncomfortable lag in the conversation you can just take a puff.

Now, I think when you become addicted and smoke like half a pack/a pack a day that's just stupid and you're going to kill yourself. But three or four a week isn't going to kill you, or even increase the likelihood of that.
Quote by SwabbyThePirate
i don't. my lungs are teh pwnz.

hahahahah mein either
altho ive tried it couplez o times
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Quote by lespaul_rentals
Actually, Smokey Amp, I have to disagree. Smoking IS definitley trivial but it's also a lot of fun, feels good, is relaxing, and is a great social activity. If you're just talking with some buddies, a cigarrette will relax you, make you feel more comfortable around them, make you laugh just a little bit more at jokes, and if there's an uncomfortable lag in the conversation you can just take a puff.

Now, I think when you become addicted and smoke like half a pack/a pack a day that's just stupid and you're going to kill yourself. But three or four a week isn't going to kill you, or even increase the likelihood of that.

I don't see any reason to smoke unless you're addicted to it, and unless you're smoking two packs a day, then I don't think you would be. I suppose you're right about the social activity, but it can be replaced by something much less harmless and in reality, it is quite a dangerous method of filling the silence. Also, I wouldn't know if it feels good and relxaing because the two times I tried it, it made me cough and spit.

But, as an argument against your 'social acitivity' point: If you are the only person out of your group of friends who smokes, you're going to find yourself being constantly pushed away because your friends don't want to be associated with your filthy habit.

Quote by Smokey Amp
I don't see any reason to smoke unless you're addicted to it, and unless you're smoking two packs a day, then I don't think you would be. I suppose you're right about the social activity, but it can be replaced by something much less harmless and in reality, it is quite a dangerous method of filling the silence. Also, I wouldn't know if it feels good and relxaing because the two times I tried it, it made me cough and spit.

But, as an argument against your 'social acitivity' point: If you are the only person out of your group of friends who smokes, you're going to find yourself being constantly pushed away because your friends don't want to be associated with your filthy habit.

First, you can definitely be addicted and not smoke two packs a day. You can be addicted and smoke half a pack a day. You can become addicted and cut down to one a week and still be addicted. Basically the psychological addiction is extremely strong and its really easy to relapse.

You probably spit and coughed because you don't know how to inhale properly. You actually have to learn to smoke a cig.

It is a social activity, and thats another reason its hard to quit. I almost succeeded on my last attempt but I moved to a new job for the summer and didn't know anyone, so I did what I knew would help me to meet people. go to the nearest smoking area and ask to bum a cig. Its way easier meeting people if they smoke, as you have a reason to talk to them (you are standing next to them and its awkward not to, plus its stupid not to). I met my last gf that way. I've met alot of people that way actually. Smoking is truly a social activity.

Plus its the bomb when drinking, even if you aren't addicted. Drink 3 liters of beer and then have a cig and tell me the drunkness isn't enhanced. This is nice n all, but you just don't want to make a habit of smoking it while sober, as that is stupid.

It also enhances your high if you spliff your joint or smoke a cig after toking.

Smoking is pretty stupid, but it does have upsides. Everything does.
My views on smoking as lespaul_rentals said it will help you talk and hang with people and it's relaxing. It's got alot of upsides. I think a few cigs now and then is just fine that won't kill you. However as stated by Bajeda they are addicting even if you purposely smoke once a week or less you will probably end up smoking more to the point where it is dangerous. I personally don't smoke i'm only 15 anyways and I might try once or twice in the future but I don't need cigarretes so why smoke them?
As for those who do smoke that's their choice and that's fine because it's their decision.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
Quote by bajeda
You probably spit and coughed because you don't know how to inhale properly. You actually have to learn to smoke a cig.

Nah, it was just the fact that I was purposely inhaling smoke into my lungs. It didn't feel right. Besides, there's only one way to inhale.

^x2 you see there's no reason for a post like this. It doesn't help the thread, valid as the opinion may be. it's just spam. and holier-than-thou obnoxiousness. why post that. it's just annoying. not clever, not funny, certianly not interesting. it gets in the way of people trying to have a discussion.

that's all i'm saying. if you don't like smoking, that's fine, i don't disagree with you. i just object to wading through bull**** to try to read a thread.
Quote by Roger_Waters

fuck that police!
Quote by Smokey Amp
Nah, it was just the fact that I was purposely inhaling smoke into my lungs. It didn't feel right. Besides, there's only one way to inhale.

There is more than one way to inhale. Most first time cig smokers just suck on the cigarette and try to force the smoke into their lungs and cough their brains out.

What you do is suck in and then take a quick breath of air in after. Thats how you learn anyways.

Pretty pointless to be describing this..... but I'm bored as hell and really want a cig
Ive smoked but then decided right off the bat that I didnt want to. I dont see why its so hard for people to quit.

HAHA cigarrettes>you all
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Quote by SinisterX
Ive smoked but then decided right off the bat that I didnt want to. I dont see why its so hard for people to quit.

HAHA cigarrettes>you all

Start smoking. Work your way up to a pack a day. Smoke for two and a half more years. Tell me it isn't hard to stop smoking.

Smoke for 40 years. You'll see why many people would rather just keep on going smoking rather than quit. Smoking is fucking addictive. Its worse than heroin psychologically, probably because you can't see the negative effects as clearly (heroin is physically worse though).

Cigs > you too if you wanted to test them
cigarrettes make me feel sick after a while, but atleast im not addicted. Weed is much better, different conept but much better.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Quote by DevilsIsland
Cigarettes are so dangerous, it kills muthafunkers than dont even smoke!!!1

Chris Rock: Never Scared.

On-topic, Camel Lights.
Quote by flame843
My original intent was to put "...but never trust the French," but I didn't for fear of starting a flame war with some French UGER.

Quote by Funkbass796
why worry about that? They'd surrender immediatly.
No one said smoking is good...no one said it was healthy but to all you preachers shut the **** up. You're not gonna make me quit smoking by bitching at me about how bad it is as if I don't know, I'm not ****ing retarded. God you people make me need a cigarette. As the great George Carlin once said "I'd quit smoking if I wasn't scared I'd turn into one of you ****ing non-smokers". Also Marb Reds ftw!
Quote by NGD1313
No one said smoking is good...no one said it was healthy but to all you preachers shut the **** up. You're not gonna make me quit smoking by bitching at me about how bad it is as if I don't know, I'm not ****ing retarded. God you people make me need a cigarette. As the great George Carlin once said "I'd quit smoking if I wasn't scared I'd turn into one of you ****ing non-smokers". Also Marb Reds ftw!

God, we need to recruit an army of Carlin fans and cleanse the pit...
Quote by flame843
My original intent was to put "...but never trust the French," but I didn't for fear of starting a flame war with some French UGER.

Quote by Funkbass796
why worry about that? They'd surrender immediatly.
Quote by zeppelinpage4
My views on smoking as lespaul_rentals said it will help you talk and hang with people and it's relaxing. It's got alot of upsides. I think a few cigs now and then is just fine that won't kill you.

Agreed.

That's exactly what I do... Whenever I feel really stressed I smoke one or two a day for a couple days and then stop. But there is always that thing in your head that says "Go have a smoke" but I'm good at ignoring it.
Quote by Blood_Covered
ts impossible to finish getting a wank when yngwie is in the backround shredding the fury out while some chicks taking it up the ass
Quote by Kartman
Don't smoke mahn. I wanna live to be an old person.

YES,living is good!!! much better than smoking!!

!!!!! !
Quote by AlecMag
I love that song! You are god for putting it into a poem

Quote by LadyHellRaiser
Your hair is fckin epic, dude!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Quote by rmr024
no ****in way!
I don't even know you but I think I love you...

So awesome.

I hate my fucking username.
You can live and smoke a few cigs a week. If you start smoking a half-pack a day or more, you're going to raise your risk of lung cancer.

However, a lot of the bad things we hear about smoking are myths and rumors started by anti-smoking elitists. Enough smoking WILL raise your risk of lung cancer by 80%, raise your risk of heart disease, etc. But this is "enough" smoking. Are a few cigarrettes a week going to kill you? For sure, not. Will two or three a day even kill you? No way. I have a great-grandma who is 93 or 94 years old, been smoking since she was 15, and been doing one to two packs a day for at least 50 years. She's never had lung cancer. The worst thing that's ever happened to her was hip surgery (non cancer related).

You know why I think she's lived so long? Because everytime something bad happens, she lights up. Whenever she gets stressed about something, she lights a grit. I think it's because the secret to a long life is a good mental state.

Quote by SynesterX

Shut up. You don't know jack squat. A had a friend who's been smoking a pack a day, then quit cold turkey. He was in hell for the first two weeks, and for the next two weeks he was craving them like crazy. He said he was never going to smoke again because he didn't want to have to go through agony again when he quit the next time.

Quote by guitarman015
YES,living is good!!! much better than smoking!!

!!!!! !

But the occassional grit is fun, and I'd much rather have fun in my life than have it boring because of something guitarman015 said on UG.

Quote by bajeda
Smoking is ****ing addictive. Its worse than heroin psychologically, probably because you can't see the negative effects as clearly (heroin is physically worse though).

Smoking is 10 times as addictive as heroin mentally, and is also extremely addictive physically. However, you can stop smoking cold turkey and not die.

Heroin isn't as addictive, however, once you get hooked, your body forms a dependance on it and you will die if you don't get another dose soon enough. I'm tired of all the idiots saying "Oh those heroin addicts should just stop!" Well, to quit heroin, you have to take a prescription drug that acts as a substitude for it. You have to take this drug for the rest of your life.
amber leaf or marlboro reds for me
Epiphone les paul custom
Epiphone les paul 56' reissue goldtop
Custom Telecaster
Boss ME-50
Digitech flanger
Digitech Hot Head
Marshall MG100DFX

Unmarked P-bass
Johnson J-style
Aria STB jazzbass
Fender Rumble 100
I prefer not to smoke, simply because if I'm gonna do something that's addictive and ****s with my body, It'd make a lot more sense to just do a drug that actually gets you high.
[SIZE=
Quote by lespaul_rentals
Smoking is 10 times as addictive as heroin mentally, and is also extremely addictive physically. However, you can stop smoking cold turkey and not die.

Haha... that was the most bluntly expressed fact ever and it made my day... Thanks.
[SIZE=
Page 1 of 3