im not excactly sure, but even though there are 2 beats per bar, a quarter not is still one beat. thats why its 2/4....so you wouldn't have to change the notes you would normally use in 4/4, I THINK...
yeah i know but which notes do i use?
my friend says 32nds but ive never seen them, so i dont know how to write them
They would be sixteenth notes tripleted.
As for what they look like, I'll try and get you a picture in a minute.
Last edited by jimi_sean at Aug 22, 2006,
That is not how I would write a sweep... I would use any of the following notations, depending on how I wanted it played...

I would use the first when the emphasis is on the last note of the sweep, the second when it's on the sweep itself, and the third when it's on the note after the sweep. Expression marks are at your discretion (especially tenuto marks in the last).

A bit of a nitpick (I didn't bother getting it set up right), is that you'd only need one triplet mark, or none, over the 16ths in the last example. "Sweep" may be abbreviated to Swp.

That's how I'd do it, there's really no standard for it.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God
I'm not even God-like... I've officially usurped the Almighty's throne.
Click here to worship me.

Member #3 of the Corwinoid Fan Club
^ 3 instead of 6 there is fine, 6:4/3:2, as an 8th note triplet played in 16ths. Doesn't make any difference. I used the quick trip tool when I did it in finale, so you see both, but that's because I'm lazy, not because it's right... I tried to make a note of that.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God

doesnt 2 triplets imply there is two stressed notes in the sequence, while the sextuplet implies only the first note is stressed?
Not really, it's part of the same logical grouping... don't over analyze.
Quote by les_kris
Corwinoid is God

Quote by quinny1089
doesnt 2 triplets imply there is two stressed notes in the sequence, while the sextuplet implies only the first note is stressed?

No the first note doesnt have to be stressed in a triplet.