Is it me or are these basically the same but a few minor changes and a £200 price difference?

Can someone tell me why the leap in price even though the specs look exactly the same except a few things like inlays and strings that come with it?

Also whats the SG menace all about?
the difference is in the quality.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Stagg Strat (With replaced hardware and a Duncan Invader )
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Wires and patch cords and stuff..
the special just has a few little changes and a different treble pickup, aparently making a £230 difference in price.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
specials are lovely guitars and you won't be disappointed with one. i guess SG standards are just a cut above them. i think the neck on mine is like butter and i didn't so much like the feel off the last special i played.

i guess it's all personal taste but my SG is like a dream and i'm sure any one who has a standard will agree that there's just something about them that you might only realise when you play one for a while.
well unless you wanna save up for the standard... but the special is still a good guitar.
My Gear:
Epiphone SG
Vintage SG
Hohner Strat
No name Acoustic
Jim Dunlop Crybaby
Boss MT-2
Boss DS-1
Roland Cube 60
Well i'm not going to be paying for it, hopefully, my dad seems to be getting me all this stuff and help at the moment, he's paying for a fender american strat, a new amp, within time a stack, so i'll probably be able to get one in a years time or something, but i shouldnt be wanting too much, though i love having more than one guitar, its like going into a battlefield decked out with everything, your most likely going to kill some f***ers its the same principal with guitars, the more you have the more variety of ROCKINGness you have :p
dude save up for a double neck
Gibson SG (Cherry)
Gibson Double Neck SG (Cherry)

Musicman AMP

*Building my own guitar now*
DO NOT get a special. Those are garbage. They're made from cheap wood and are overall poor quality. Yes, it's a small difference in price, but it's a HUGE difference in quality.

Go for the standard SG. You won't regret it.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
DO NOT get a special. Those are garbage. They're made from cheap wood and are overall poor quality. Yes, it's a small difference in price, but it's a HUGE difference in quality.

Go for the standard SG. You won't regret it.

yeah i do regret having my special, a standard wouldve been better. but now im tryin to sell my special so i can get some cash. I have a double neck sg and it blows all my guitars outta the water.
Gibson SG (Cherry)
Gibson Double Neck SG (Cherry)

Musicman AMP

*Building my own guitar now*
So what is the actual difference betwene the standard and the special? No one has really clarified this yet...Does someone actually have the specs to back up their claims? I have been considering a special and I would like to know.

or

Does anyone know of a high end sg with an ebony fretboard? I dont get what the big deal is with rosewood, I find that ebony is harder, better looking (in my opinion) and has better action. I love everything about the standard except the way the rosewood clashes with the body...
I also hate balsamic vinegar. And last but not least...my usb port isnt big enough for my penis.
Actually, it comes out to almost the same thing in the long run...

yes, the special is of lower quality, but its alot lighter (my SG-1 special amazes every 1 in terms of how much it weighs) and the price difference gives u a bit more room to customise it (changing P-ups would be first priority).

a well modified special can easily play and sound just as good as a standard at the same total price.

the only thing that the standard REALLY got that the special cant fix is the neck... but thats why god gave us Ibanez
"A one that is not cold is barely a one at all!"