Hey

Been playing guitar for around 1.5 years now, am a good player, but am relatively new to gigging. I need some help on this fellas.

1) Were playing at a hotel, indoors, its actually a ball room. What kinda reverb should I put in (if any?).. Is reverb better or delay? And how much is optimal without sounding tooo spacey, but just right and professional?

2) How should I EQ out my tone, since EQing varies from place to place?

3) I always feel Im not heard enough, kinda insecure on this. How can I make sure levels are optimal?

Thanks a lot to those kind souls who help out! Pro Giggers' advice preferred! Thanks!
Its hard to tell, depends on the size of the hall. dont use any reverb as the ball room will give you reverd so you dont want your tone sounding all slinkey etc.... Just deal with it on the day, you should know what to do, and all your tone probs and sound level probs are something you and the band need to get right!
i think, that if you arrive early enough and have a good sound check so you and your band are happy, then you will be ok.
It all depends on the acoustics of the hall. Remeber that the acoustics may effect each instrument differently, so you may think you are loud enough at first but when bass and drums kick in you may be drown out so might have to adjust your volumes. Like wise for your bassist and vocalist. To get the best sound the best thing to do is stand away from your amp while playing a sound check and try to judge the overall levels of the band and not just your guitar. I'd suggested playing through an entire song during the sound check and adjust volumes accordingly.
well what kind of amp are you using (im hoping its not your 15 watt MG)
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Just make sure you dont over-do the reverb or delay, make sure you keep your mid's up and your gain lower than you think. Thats the best I can help, at the end of the day, its down to the sound man in a venue that size.
Quote by Radius_Vector
1) Were playing at a hotel, indoors, its actually a ball room. What kinda reverb should I put in (if any?).. Is reverb better or delay? And how much is optimal without sounding tooo spacey, but just right and professional?

2) How should I EQ out my tone, since EQing varies from place to place?

3) I always feel Im not heard enough, kinda insecure on this. How can I make sure levels are optimal?

1. A. Spring or hall reverb. If you don't have a choice, it's probably spring reverb. B. Well that depends on what kind of effect you want. They are both good for ambiance but I can't tell you which sound you're looking for. You need to decide that.

2. Use your ears. I would say that since its probably a big room, the bass-levels dwindle off so maybe give a little push to your bass tones than you normally would.

3. Mic your amp. If you can't use the PA to mic your guitar and bass (and preferabbly the kick drum and an overhead drum mic) then the band is going to sound terrible in such a big, echo-y room.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail