I'm thinking of buying a new amp to replace my 15w Orange Crush combo amp.. I was thinking of a 30W Laney amplifier, I like to play music like black sabbath and metallica.. there are quite a few amplifiers that would fit this description.. could you post a few suggestions and links to more information about these amplifiers, thanks
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
The amp I have is really good at what you want, but it's hard to get one nowadays since they are not made anymore. It's a 40W tube combo btw., but you can get it as a head as well.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
I used to have a Laney AOR100 Head.
It was a brilliant head, better than the Marshall's I tried at the time imho.
Good choice, But I just want somethign to leave in my drummers garage, sorry if I wasn't clear, a SS amp would suite me fine since volume isn't my number 1 priority, just something that can stand up to drums.. For a tube combo I would get the marshall JCM2000 DSL TS1 (forgive me if i got the name wrong).. but I just need something small that won't get overpowered by loud drums with good tone..

edit:I forgot to mention, combo amp please :P
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
Last edited by St3v3 at Aug 22, 2006,
Tubes doesn't just play louder. They have better tone, better drive and are way better at high volumes. Most of them also cut better through with more attack if you can say it like that...
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
but tubes come with a hefty price tag, and a 40w tube is way too much for a small garage were we practice.. thanks for the help though
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
Why would you want a SS amp for the music your going to play?

Muppet

Your combo rules. I think I had the Head equivalent.
because SS are cheaper, I just need something to leave there to practice with, without it being too loud but can still play decently the styles I want it to..
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
You should be aiming to get the best tone for your money and the style of music you want to play.

Seriously look out for a low wattage valve combo, you can always turn it down a bit.
something under 300$ that can keep up with drums and can play metallica and black sabbath.. ther is no straight answer to these kind of questions is there =p ?
.!,,! X.x !,,!.
Don't know. I was pleased with my AOR100 Head. Did'nt even use a distortion pedal because it had enough poke.

What sort have you got? When was the last time you replaced the valves?