Basically ive been playing electric guitar for about 1.5 years and i really love it, but my parents brought me a really nice maton m325 for my birthday a while back as they really want to encourage me to play some other stuff about from metal

Ive stuffed around on it a bit, but i tend to get bored of it, as i really dont have much interest in alot of accoustic stuff. But what i have discovered is that i love the sound of some of the classical peices, especially the ones played in a minor key. I pretty much have 0 knowledge in theory, and only know the fingering picking basics, ive looked at tabs and what not, but im really struggling with it.

Any advice on how to get into playing classical? and any recommendations from some really easy peices?

and yes ive looked around on classtabs.org

thanks in advance.
Try some pieces by M. Carcassi. He was a classical guitarist and his music is specificly aimed at people that are still learning the basiscs of classical guitar. A lot of his pieces are specificaly aimed at teaching you a certain technique. (op. 59)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matteo_Carcassi
You're making it sound like he only composed beginner and learners' material. LOL! Yes many of them compose etudes for gaining technical ground, but he definitely has some high level pieces.

Carcassi, Fernando Sor, Tarrega all have great learners' studies aimmed at helping you develop. And they have professional level pieces meant for advanced players as well.
Quote by imLoUsY
You're making it sound like he only composed beginner and learners' material. LOL! Yes many of them compose etudes for gaining technical ground, but he definitely has some high level pieces.

Carcassi, Fernando Sor, Tarrega all have great learners' studies aimmed at helping you develop. And they have professional level pieces meant for advanced players as well.

Yeah ofcourse he's probably made a lot of more difficult beautifull stuff as well but I'm not an expert when it comes to Carcassi or classical guitar in general, sorry!
Quote by imLoUsY

Hell yeah they do lol... Sor's Grande Sonata is ridiculous.

Carcassi has his own (published) classical guitar method, which you can find in many sheet music stores, or you can get it from the Digital Guitar Archive link in my "Classical Guitar Resources" thread.

Dionisio Aguado also has his own method, but good luck finding that in anything but Spanish.

Fernando Sor has his (in)famous 20 Etudes, some of which are excellent beginner pieces (ie Etude no. 5).

I recommend you invest in, or try to find on the internet, Giuliani's RH (right hand) and LH (left hand) studies. There are 120 right hand studies, and I think there are 30 left hand studies. They range from very beginner to fairly advanced.

My God, it's full of stars!