whats the difference between a zoom g1 and the g2 cept colour and name so far i cant see any/
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
zoom g1 doesn't have the tweakability and options that the g2 has. the g1 is great if you want some really easy preset tones, but the g2 allows you to create your own sound.
Marty
Quote by smb
The G2 is the G1 but with an expression pedal.

WRONG ffs wat is with the advice on these forums.

The G2.1U has an expression pedal, whereas the G2 doesn't. The G1 is a cut down version of the G2 with very basic modelling, think the roland cube, like you get some sweet modelling but not that much in the tweakability department. I'd suggest a G1 if u want tones to play live with or just wanna get some usuable tones out of the box, the G2 if you want to spend a lot of time getting used to a modelling package and develop your own sound.
Marty
g2 it is then thank you!!
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
hey btw, you will have to work with the G2 to get tones, when i first got it i was kinda dissapointed cause i was expectign the presets to sound as good as my cube, but 2 hours later and a lot of mucking around with things i got some awesome sounds that rivalled my cube bigtime, i even made a preset that made my guitar sound like a violin!
Marty
Quote by jmac72187
I was just wondering what the quality of Zoom pedals like the G2.1u and G2. Digitech and Zoom always hit me as cheap products.

Are they built sturdy?

How are the effects? I would be using mostly at home but would possible be using live in the future.

How are the amp models? How do they interact with tube amps?

Thanks

Ive had a few guitar pedals in my life. I'd say that the G2 is an awesome package in terms of the modelling and audio quality it provides. it has better specifications than even the Pod Xt with it's 32 bit 96khz modelling, however that said it has a few downfalls.

1) If yuo're gigging with it i wouldn't suggest stomping on the buttons to much if you want it too last for a good time, the actual chassis or whatever you want to call it seems to be made of a mixture between metal and a very hard plastic, it's not likely to break, it's just the nobbs and buttons i'd be weary of.

2) It takes time, it's just got so many features - however if you have experience Eqing your amps and in general have experience getting "your tone" it shuoldn't take you the 2 hours it took me.

3) the G2.1U has Usb, which is kinda awesome, the 96khz 32bit whatever specfications it is, to be honest it just sounds professional, as in there's no noise, it's all clean - however it feels a bit lifeless and could do with some professional equing.

4) interaction witha tube amp? hmm run the tube amp in clean and this multi fx unit can certainly pump in some high quality digital effects like delays and whammy, in terms of the distortion - it's okay, but you might as well use the distortion on your tube amp.

To be totally honest, i bought it to record with, and for that it's fantastic, but i think i still have a bit of tweaking to do, because it has an incredible ammount of features (you wouldn't think so) however i just don't feel the dynamics when i'm practicing,the sound is there, the quality is there, but it just doesn't feel like i'm creating that sound, it doesn't inspire me.

It's cheap, buy it! it's great for what it is. and it is certainly a rival for the pod xt and v-amp.
Marty