Can anyone recommend some good funk music to listen to and play.
Cheers
Originally posted by HarmlessLilF*ck
im not gay or anything, but if brad pitt asked me to stick my penis in him, i probably would.
apart from them
Originally posted by HarmlessLilF*ck
im not gay or anything, but if brad pitt asked me to stick my penis in him, i probably would.
Check out anything by George Clinton, or maybe Les Claypool for more modern (and strange) funk. James Brown's always a hit as well!
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
Good funk music especially for bass is Primus, songs like "jerry was a racecar driver" and " DMV" some two hand tapping in there, and the album "Sailing the sea of cheese"
Sly and the family stone
Quote by akack
We beat you 6-0 you stupid mother ****er.

"Nobody likes an unkempt shrubbery - The monty Python appreciation society"
Whilst I wouldn't call RHCP a funk band per se, they do have some tracks which are very much funk. Mostly off the older albums (pre Blood Sugar Sex Majik), and there a couple of real good funk tracks off Stadium Arcadium as well
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
search. the RHCP debate over funk, modern funk, and the real list of funk bands I have done this before and I wont do it again.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=388575&highlight=funk

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=338975&highlight=funk
Quote by casualty01
the RIAA can't shut us down, interpol can't shut us down. the U.S. gov't can't shut us down and CERTAINLY not YOU can shut us down.

BA in Music theory
MusicMan Bongo, SUB -> Orange Terror 1000 stack

Quote by waterproofpie
it's a UtBDan sandwich. Awwww yeah!
Kool and the gang, Dr John (Destively bonaroo album), Incubus's first album (funk metal), The average white band, BOOTsy collins (rubber band). all of them are great