I was just wondering what the quality of Zoom pedals like the G2.1u and G2. Digitech and Zoom always hit me as cheap products.

Are they built sturdy?

How are the effects? I would be using mostly at home but would possible be using live in the future.

How are the amp models? How do they interact with tube amps?

How do these work for live performance?

Thanks
they are still pretty sturdy pedals.

i have one of those Digitech RP80's (the expression pedal one) and it's built like a rock,
it's sustained some batterings for gigs/practices and me jumping on it ect.

both Zoom & Digitech have very sturdy build qualities that could last forever if treated right.

*edit*
I use my pedal with a JCM2000 head and it totally blows any other multi pedal i've used in my time as playing guitar.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
treat it with the same care you treat your guitar with and it'll never break down. It's all about how you treat them. The insides are awesome, but the outsides can be slightly fragile due to the fact that it's hard to repair buttons and potentiometers etc.
Marty
Quote by suicidalmoose
treat it with the same care you treat your guitar with and it'll never break down. It's all about how you treat them. The insides are awesome, but the outsides can be slightly fragile due to the fact that it's hard to repair buttons and potentiometers etc.

How is that G1.2u? That is the one I was mostly considering. Is it easy to switch presets?
Quote by jmac72187
How is that G1.2u? That is the one I was mostly considering. Is it easy to switch presets?

um easy to switch presets? well there's no footswitches for banking up and down (there are smaller buttons for this) but switching the actual presets in the bank is as simple as hitting the the footswitches. I warn yout hough, those footswitches aren't exactly stomp worthy, i wouldn't do a stage dive into them if you know what i mean, they'll handle a foot but they're not line6/boss quality.

I think the expression pedal personally is limited in it's sweep, which upsets me a bit, and i don't trust it's strength, but as a unit, the USB makes the G2.1U worth it.

This product is a case of awesome hardware with not so good protection. treat it like an old wise man, it knows how to do a lot of things pretty well (albeit sometimes you really have to be patient to get somethign useful otu of it) but it doesn't stand up to abuse as much as say a boss or line 6 which is 3 times more expensive would.
Marty