Can anyone help me out by giving me some exercises to help with the positioning of my fourth finger left hand?
You mean you're pinky...?
You just have to do your fingering 1-2-3-4 alternating strings, use your whole hand and mix around...

Major scales help with it too, just any scales for that matter.

When it starts to hurt - keep going.
*shrugs* I don't know...
Beast and the Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold
part of the solo has a four not per string run down the neck, that helped me just do it slow
Quote by MEGALODON
Beast and the Harlot by Avenged Sevenfold
part of the solo has a four not per string run down the neck, that helped me just do it slow

A.K.A
Just go 5-6-7-8 6-7-8-9 7-8-9-10 on several strings...
*shrugs* I don't know...
Actually using your pinky during something you already know helps too...I used to play stuff without using my pinky and now I do use it...sped me up a lot.
Axe FX 2
Matrix GT1000FX
Mesa 4x12
Behringer FCB1010
Quote by La Qotsa
Actually using your pinky during something you already know helps too...I used to play stuff without using my pinky and now I do use it...sped me up a lot.

Good advice^

The easy answer - use it as much as you can.
Try to incorporate it into songs u already play, and run through scales and things.
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
Quote by Coins
Can anyone help me out by giving me some exercises to help with the positioning of my fourth finger left hand?

You don't really need anything specific. ANY exercise or scale that you do where
your pinky is used will help. Pentatonic scale, major scale, chromatics, ...
whatever. You just have to make sure you use it and that you observe good
technique as you should with any finger.
Alright thanks guys.

I've been playing for about three months now and I still have trouble using it when playing fast.
that's fine ive been playing 9 months and i already subconsciously alt pick everything and use my pinky all the time, but when i'd only been playing 3 months i found it hell on earth, it just doesn't feel natural, keep at the practice.

Here's a bit of a challenge, do this excercise: hit fret 1 with first, 2 with second, 3 with third and 4th fret with pinky, so keep doing that but the trick is lift the previous finger off when you play the note, and also keep all your fingers no more than half an inch away from the strings. That's a killer but it helps.

so basically

----------------
-------------------
-----------------
------------------
------------------
1---2---3---4---

with corresponding finger and not letting any finger stay more than a half an inch away from the strings (mabye an inch to start with - the main problem ppl have with pinkies is that it flies away from the strings so it's innacurate).
Marty
or play lots of shred music. you will notice how much the pinky is so useful and u be using it alot. uhm...shred? i guess paul gilbert or steve vai or joe statriani.
[img]http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9672/stevevaisigver24vf.jpg[/img]
Just an influence.
i thing Master of Puppets is good for picky
a --- 2 - 3 - 4 - 3 - 22
e 01 01 01 01 01
Quote by kurosawa
i thing Master of Puppets is good for picky
a --- 2 - 3 - 4 - 3 - 22
e 01 01 01 01 01

i can do that with 2 fingers
Gibson SG (Cherry)
Gibson Double Neck SG (Cherry)