i bought the damage control demonizer and plugged it into my amp and then i did one of the setups shown in the book for example bright and clean and i played a little bit and thought ok this is weird turned all the knobs round to max playyed some more and ther was no differnce in the sound it was still just my amp on the clean channel so i have tried every other way in plugging in the wire etc and still no success

so if anyone could help it would be greatful

cheers

Marshall 50AVT << just incase that helps
do you have the adaptor plugged in? did you actually press the footswitch? http://www.damagecontrolusa.com/dmz.htm did you put the guitar on the far left and your amp into the middle like shown on the website?

if you done all those and it still doesnt work, post here http://www.naturallywireddesigns.com/damagecontrol/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=9b7f555daee1ae318289cb16dee47de6 these guys reply pretty quickly back so it wouldnt be a while until they reply
I have no idea how much you know about guitars, so I'm going to assume you know nothing. Please don't be offended, I'm only trying to help. Where the pedal says INPUT, plug your guitar into that. OUTPUT goes into the INPUT on your amp. Assuming that's what you did, make sure that the pedal is powered up. Either put a 9V battery in it, or use an adaptor to plug it into the wall. If it still doesn't work, then you should probably take it back. Hope that helps, good luck!
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Gibson SG w/ Bigsby
Ibanez Roadster Bass
Sovtek MiG 60
Marshall 1965B
Maestro Echoplex EP-3
MXR Ten Band EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Ross Phaser
Boss DD-6
Quote by fitzyfantastic
I have no idea how much you know about guitars, so I'm going to assume you know nothing. Please don't be offended, I'm only trying to help. Where the pedal says INPUT, plug your guitar into that. OUTPUT goes into the INPUT on your amp. Assuming that's what you did, make sure that the pedal is powered up. Either put a 9V battery in it, or use an adaptor to plug it into the wall. If it still doesn't work, then you should probably take it back. Hope that helps, good luck!

the pedal it self has 3 inputs. one for guitars, one for amp, one straight to cap/ or comp for direct recording. also it just takes a 9V adapter off the top of my head
hey cheers guys 4 the help i no a little bit well i can read lol but em i had my stepdad look at it and whats happened is the "engage" button does not engage lol so its naff and i gotta send it back but cheers again 4 ya help
i heard alot of ppl say that MG suck but oh well lol i like my amp it sounds good
Agreed. Also, the Demonizer lights up when it's on. So make sure the orange/red LEDs are on on both sodes.
yeah i thought the valves were broken but then i was told that no sound would then come out lol so yeah hopefully it will be returned as quick as possible all the lights are on :p

also arnt MG solid states which i had a laney one and the whole sound of it was so poor lol
Yeah, see, a cheap, average distortion pedal (e.g. Boss DS1) into a nice tube amp (e.g. any Fender Tube amp) will sound miles better than a nice, expensive distortion box (e.g. DC Womanizer) into a **** amp (e.g. Marshall MG series).

I bet, if you go the right direction, you can get a considerably better tone for a similar price.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
the pedal it self has 3 inputs. one for guitars, one for amp, one straight to cap/ or comp for direct recording. also it just takes a 9V adapter off the top of my head

Technically, the one labeled GUITAR is the only input: it's the only place where the sound goes in. The sound goes out through the outputs, the AMP or DIRECT outs.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Gibson SG w/ Bigsby
Ibanez Roadster Bass
Sovtek MiG 60
Marshall 1965B
Maestro Echoplex EP-3
MXR Ten Band EQ
EHX Russian Big Muff
Ross Phaser
Boss DD-6
Quote by Pieter-Jan
marshall avt's suck, get an MG

RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
I was considering getting one of these and a twin reverb, when it gets working can you tell me if you can set it up so that you can use it for overdrive as well as distortion with the nuclear switch?