Hey. I was wondering if anyone could direct me, or just tell me some good Chords that can be played in drop c tuning. Anythin is good, whether it be melodic, or mean sounding...anything. i just get tired of playing with my index finger...or just using regular chords you know? Anything would be great!! thx !
Quote by Muphin
Jupiter is a fat bitch. We should nuke it.

jersey girls arent trash ...trash gets picked up
staten island doesnt really exist its just a reflection of the fumes from jersey on the water caused by the movement of the sun
if you tired of playing with just your index finger, tune the 6th string to d, and its normal, just a step down
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
learn to play all these things i hate by bullet for my valentine or rooftops by lostprophets
if it's standard C tuning, all the same chord shapes as standard E tuning are still applicable, just lowered 2 whole steps. if it's true drop c (CGCFAD), then all the same chord shapes as drop D are still applicable, just lowered a whole step. and if you're working in some funky drop C of your own (CADGBE or something like that), you'll have to figure them out on your own.
you can play all the same chords as you can with standard e. except now if the root is on the 6th string you're going to have to move it up 2 frets.
yeah you can play all the same chords you could in drop D, they'd just be one step lower....
I don't think you could make a chord sound melodic, that's what single notes are for.
RIP SYD
Member #6 of the "SZ over RG Club!" PM ibanez4lifeSZ to join.
When I'm in a drop tuning, I usually don't mess with the 6th string. Simplifies my life a little bit. So if you're trying to play a B chord with a bar at the 7th fret, instead of trying to do this:
E|-7-|
B|-7-|
G|-8-|
D|-9-|
A|-9-|
D|-9-|

I just do this:
E|-7-|    E|---|
B|-7-|    B|-7-|
G|-8-| or G|-8-|
D|-9-|    D|-9-|
A|-9-|    A|-9-|