i have a crappy amp its a squier champ or what ever i wanted a chuck berry tone can anyone help thanks
i dont think half the kids here know who he is.

(johnny be good from back to the future)

but i would say a semi hollow and some fender amp.
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
^Yeah, but make sure it's a low-wattage amp. Preamp distortion just won't cut it.
lol probly nobody knows him but im thinking of buying the epiphone dot electric guitar but does anyone have anysettings for the amp (yea i know its crappy but still)
use a hollow body guitar with volume on 10 and tone on 10 and use a low watt amp, withthe overdrive set to 4 voume set around 3 (for bedroom playing) and have the bass at 3 treble at 6 and mids at 7. I use an Ibanez Artcore and a Fender Frontman G and I sound just like him. Its good to see some Chuck Berry fans here
epiphone dot would probably be good, yeah. and for a low wattage fender, I think the blues jr. would be perfect.

my dad still has a picture of him doing the duck walk in the basement
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
Last edited by PapaDelicious at Aug 22, 2006,
Hollow body Gibson/Epi into a small tube amp like an old Fender or Epiphone. Post gain drive. Its so good to see some fans of the old school rock, the stuff that actually rocks.
Quote by MastaBassist10
Hollow body Gibson/Epi into a small tube amp like an old Fender or Epiphone. Post gain drive. Its so good to see some fans of the old school rock, the stuff that actually rocks.

yea can anybody send me a link to some amp that would be good thanks (that doesnt cost a ton and im a bedroom player)
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He was a legend, how can anyone that calls themself a guitarist not have heard of him?
they can call themselves metalheads or emo. and say that he didn't influence them or their influences. which is utter bull.
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
Quote by timi_hendrix
I thought everyone knew chuck berry. Jesus.

i would think less people would know who he is.

same with BTO, im sure several of you guys know who they are, and all of you have heard their songs
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!