after ive been playing for like over an hour, my fingertips become quite sore. is there any ways of protecting them etc... ?
thanks
if u play enough, u wont have the problem anymore. give it time
My Gear:
Fender Standard Strat w/Tex-mex pups
Epi Les Paul Jr.
Epi MM-20 mandolin
Yamaha FG-110
Boss SD-1
Boss BD-2
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Digitech RP80
Fender FM212R
Epi Valve Junior

Check Me Out:
Me
not really. Eventually you will build up calluses, and you won't feel anything anymore.
top axes:
Taylor GS8
Fender American Strat (w/DiMarzio pickups)
Epiphone Les Paul
don't stop playing...ever...play in your sleep. build up calluses and keep them. you don't want ot stop playing and lose them. and trust me, you will lose them
I think SRV put superglue on his fingertips when they got sore, but he used super heavy gauge strings and stuff, i've never personally tried it
it may hurt...but over a year you will get enormous condition and will be able to donstroke on every metallica song ^^
BLACKENED
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
A bit of white methilated spirits on your fingertips everyday will toughen them up quicker
Quote by Mattefuller
I think SRV put superglue on his fingertips when they got sore, but he used super heavy gauge strings and stuff, i've never personally tried it

My guitar teacher used to do that as a kid when he played for 10+ hrs, and he also rubbed them on sand paper...
i just played a lot on super heavy strings for a while, eventually you'll build up callouses though and they won't hurt, if you're really sadistic you could do lotsa sliding on .70 gauge strings and after about 2 weeks they'll build up REALLY good (thats what i did)
Soak your fingertips in saltwater...it'll help build the callus. But just keep playing, and they'll develop in a couple weeks.
"He has a woman's name and wears makeup. How original."
--Alice Cooper, on Marilyn Manson.