Nouvelle Vague is a french group, a cover group to be exact. It consists of french producer and a few recurring singers (as well as angelic female voices) that pass his studio once in a while. What for? to record jazzy bossa nova cover versions of popular songs from the english New Wave (as well as a few punk songs). In short what can i say about Nouvelle Vague besides it's sultry, extremely seductive, danceable and very creative here and there. Any of you heard of them? what have you got to say about Nouvelle vague?
I bought the latest album because of the whole link with Camille (slight obsession of her this year) and thought that it was terrible for the most part. I'd heard their Joy Division cover last year and enjoyed that, but the latest really didn't do much for me. Some interesting bands that they covered though.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I only heard two of their songs, one being the killing moon. It was pretty good
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
I was obsessed with a Manner Of Speaking for a long time. They're pretty cool. In the UK series Sugar Rush they use their music constantly.
A conservative is a man who believes that nothing should be done for the first time. --Alfred E. Wiggam
I like them, it's great chill music.
you tell me who's better. i think good charlote are better than the bealtes but that's only because their lyrics mean more and they are better musicians.

Member #4 of The Mars Volta fanclub. PM happytimeharry to join.
I liked the cover of Too Drunk To Fuck
There once was a man who really loved salt
So he tied his nose to the sea
And then God came down from his silver throne
And said, 'Honey, that water ain't free
i always thought they were quite cool, so i saw them at leeds. perfect way to end the festival. too drunk to fuck, ever fallen in love and love will tear us apart were the highlights i would say.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
i love th Bande a part albulm (or whatever it was). i saw them this summer. they were great.
Originally posted by fuzzybunny
I hereby dub you the UG's new God of Love. Really. That was brilliant.

heh.
Originally posted by someone i can't remember
the one called lukef speaks the truth.
I like these guys. It's just good, relaxing music. I especially like their "The Killing Moon" and "Heart of Glass" covers. Their "Heart of Glass" owns the original (never cared for Blondie).