hey,

i tryed this amp in the shop today and it totaly blew me away, it was exalent (the 50)
but i was wondering if there is anything simaler to this that is better suited suited to higher gain stuff. i liked the 2 stage gain controlls (pre and post) they just seemed to work better than anything that i have tryed befor.

or could i just get an overdirve with it ?

i asked the guy in the shop for an overdrive to boost it with and he handed me a DS-2!
slightly confuzing but it worked (kinda)

what overdrive would u guys have handed me?
or what amp would u have told me to try?

3 questions thanx for any help

(if it was good enough for satriani its good enough for me)
gear4music indianapolis // Blackstar HT-1R Metal
use ur zoom 505's stack simulator and ur boss mt-2 on The Peavey's clean channel, thats what i do when i want some high gain from my classic 30.

edit

i use a tubescreamer for a nice OD boost
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
ok , so having a solid state distortion kinda takes the fun out of having an all valve amp , im looking for an overdrive not a distortion

that was a good try though lol
Any overdrive pedal might work for you, but I'd suggest an Ibanez TS9 or Maxon OD9, or a Boss SD-1.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Quote by pawnluv
use ur zoom 505's stack simulator and ur boss mt-2 on The Peavey's clean channel, thats what i do when i want some high gain from my classic 30.

edit

i use a tubescreamer for a nice OD boost

just saw ur edit thanx
Since you probably want a larger boost in distortion, a Boss SD1 or a Wylde Overdrive would work. Although, I recommend the Boss more because it's a little more transparent.
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
tubescreamer, or a boss Blues Driver, that thing works awesome. I like both, but i actually mianly use the blues driver, they both push the tubes instead of adding extra distortion, so the tone is still clear, and you dont lose any attack/responsiveness,
http://www.theweekendkids.com

Gibson Les Paul Studio w/dirtyfingers pickups
Gibson Joan Jett Melody Maker
VOX ac30 head
Marshall 1960 4x12 cab
Fender Hot Rod Deville