Hey all,

I'm very close to buying my first guitar. Talked to a store here in Toronto and they are willing ot give me a new micro cube and an Ibanez RG321 for $490 CND taxes included. Is that a good deal. I have never played guitar and have never even picked up a RG321 but form these forums it sounds like a good begginer guitar.

Cheers
Bill
Its not that big of an investment. Try it out, see if you like it.
Is it a Floyd Rose?
^ RG 321=Hardtail. Yes your getting a good deal, a very good one infact. I would play the guitar first though. If you like it, jump on it!
Current Rig:
Gibson Firebird Studio
Limited Edition Schecter 35th Anniversary C-1
Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 FR
Ashdown Fallen Angel
Custom 7 Firebird from Ignition Custom Guitars (check them out)
ESP Phoenix
Quote by onemanarmy9
^ RG 321=Hardtail. Yes your getting a good deal, a very good one infact. I would play the guitar first though. If you like it, jump on it!

There ya go...if it were a Floyd Rose model, I'd say stay away.
Thanks onemanarmy9
Thanks all I'm going to get it after work. So excited!!! And I guess I won't jump on it.. probly break it if I did and that's no good....

WOOT I HAVE GUITAR NOW

just got to find a way to make it work.....

Cheers
Bill
It's a damn good deal since I've seen those guitars by themselves for nearly the same price.
That said, I think I would pass on it. I'm not a big fan of the cube amps their tone is just way too harsh for me. They're great for Jazz and Metal rhythm guitar, but not a whole lot else.

The guitar itself is pretty good if not for the trem, which is a royal pain in the ass to keep in tune, and it feels very flimsy. You're gonna have to tune each string roughly 7 times to get the thing in tune, then you're going to have to pray to a higher power that they stay in tune for the next day at least. That aside, when the thing is in tune it's very easy to play and has a great neck and what not.

Still, my personal opinion, if you're going to get a guitar with a trem, spend the money and get a good one, otherwise look for a guitar with a fixed bridge... Ibanez actually has the guitar you're talking about without the trem now that I think about it. It'd be the RG7321, I haven't tried one but I imagine they're exactly the same, just no trem. The SZ320 or 520 is worth looking at too, although they're probably more expensive, and they're more mid-range guitars than beginner.
Wait a sec just to confirm are you saying this guiar is hard to tune but once iin tune it stays in tune. I don't know how to tune a guitar(Hopefully will learn soon) I have a friend that will do that form me.

Also what do you mean by "term" - is this guitar too advanced for me? I know nothing about guitars (but really want to learn). I was going to buy a Ibanez GRX20 but given that I have the money I thought I might as well step up a class or so.

Now I'm confused (agian)

What should I do?

Buy a tuner
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
From
Icronic
"The guitar itself is pretty good if not for the trem, which is a royal pain in the ass to keep in tune, and it feels very flimsy. You're gonna have to tune each string roughly 7 times to get the thing in tune, then you're going to have to pray to a higher power that they stay in tune for the next day at least. That aside, when the thing is in tune it's very easy to play and has a great neck and what not.

Still, my personal opinion, if you're going to get a guitar with a trem, spend the money and get a good one, otherwise look for a guitar with a fixed bridge..." um, the 321 has a fixed bridge......
Ibanez SZ 520
Ibanez Rg270 dx
crate Gt200 Tube/Solid Hybrid
Soon to be- Peavey ultra 60 tube head
ClassicAxe-"Jackson doesn't make Soloists so Emo kids can come and sing about slitting their wrists.They make quality guitars."
Gah, yeah my mistake, I was thinking of the 320 not the 321. Disregard everything I said about the guitar
Thats a sweet deal, which store in Toronto was it? I ordered mine online from Missisauga since I haven't seen it in the Long and McQuade near me in Scarborough.
dont get it.

Just the fact that its an RG
I had an RG 320 and they suck ass.
The tremelo was awful too.
Dont know much about RG 321's though.

I dont buy guitars under 600 anymore.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Quote by feltgrape
dont get it.

Just the fact that its an RG
I had an RG 320 and they suck ass.
The tremelo was awful too.
Dont know much about RG 321's though.

I dont buy guitars under 600 anymore.

Dont know muck about the 321's? Then Don't run your damned mouth. Douche
Ibanez SZ 520
Ibanez Rg270 dx
crate Gt200 Tube/Solid Hybrid
Soon to be- Peavey ultra 60 tube head
ClassicAxe-"Jackson doesn't make Soloists so Emo kids can come and sing about slitting their wrists.They make quality guitars."
Quote by whatliesbeneath
Dont know muck about the 321's? Then Don't run your damned mouth. Douche

Well i've played a bunch of rg's and they dont seem too much different.
Hated all of them.
Maybe if you did a pickup switch to something less screechy. Also if your willing to deal with the issues of tremelo's.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

Thanks for the advise guys. I went out and bought it and happy as a pig in sh*t. I brought my friend along to try both amp and guitar and he said it was a good guitar. For the amp its perfect for my small condo and I will have fun with all the features.

To benz360:

I bought it from Metro Sound and Music. The guys is great he is willing to deal. I called him for work told him i wanted the guitar and amp for 450 including tax he said he could do it for 490. When I went to pick it up he basically told me he made a mistake and I was pretty much getting the guitar at cost. Check him out he wil beat and price in the city and the net buy 10% to 15%.

CHEERS EVERYONE!!

Finally I can start to learn to play. Wish me luck. Now errr where do I start.......
Well, you should start by reading some of these articles posted on this site, they're really helpful when starting to play. Other than that I suggest getting a tablature program like guitar pro or power tab and learn some easy songs. By the way, where is this store located?
Quote by feltgrape

Also if your willing to deal with the issues of tremelo's.

Dude are you retarded? THE RG321 IS A HARDTAIL
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
Quote by benz370
Well, you should start by reading some of these articles posted on this site, they're really helpful when starting to play. Other than that I suggest getting a tablature program like guitar pro or power tab and learn some easy songs. By the way, where is this store located?

Collage and Younge. Just north of Collage on the west side of Younge. The price tag is 399.99 but he will be willing to deal.

I have downloaded guitar pro and about 30,000 tabs. As of now I have know idea how to use either but I'm sure with some research I sould be up to speed soon.

Thanks agian everyone.
Last edited by BillPana at Aug 22, 2006,