ive been wanting to learn the solo to that song and all the tabs seem pretty bad but ive figured out the first 20 seconds or so of the solo so i was wondering what scales he was using i dont need a tab ill figure it out but to give you a starting point here is part of the tab. And also i was wondering how would i figure out what key that song is in if you could explain how to figure it and what key it is in and then describe how you figured out what scale he used, im not sure but i think its in D major or B minor and then im lost on figuring out what scale it is

*ah
e|-------------------------------------------------------------13-15b-13-15b-15bv-13-------------|
B|----------------------------------------------------13-15---------------------------------------------|
G|--------------------------------------------12-14-----------------------------------------------------|
D|-------------------3-5b-5b5b5b5b5b---------------------------------------------------------------|
A|--5-3-5--5-3-5----------------------------------------------------------------------------10-8-10-|
E|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is it in the key of d major cause if it is why would you use the d minor pentotonic
It can't be D major if there's C in it

(I'm a theory noob, so kick me if I'm wrong)
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by saband
is it in the key of d major cause if it is why would you use the d minor pentotonic
They switch between D major and D minor.

Quote by JamieB
It could be Mixolydian. This song isn't, but it could be.

Anyway, the solo is just D minor pentatonic and maybe D blues.
Quote by JamieB

(I'm a theory noob, so kick me if I'm wrong)

Well, if there is only one out of key note, it might be an accidental
Quote by kirbyrocknroll
Well, if there is only one out of key note, it might be an accidental

Nah there's quite a few in there.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club