I've been seriously considering getting one of these for ages now and seeing as I've read a load of reviews I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion they wish to share of it?

Cheers

PS is it better than the cheapest JS model?
yes it is far superior to the js100, the trem on the s470 is much better than that on the js100
MY gear
Vintage v100 les paul.
POS Ion strat
Vox ad50vt
15 watt practice amp
Ibanez rg570
i've got my eye on it also. herman li plays one i think. i'd love to hear what people have to say about it.
id go with the S-470
i dont really have a comparison between it and the Joe Satriani model
but i dont usually buy artists series guitars but i like the Steve Via Jems
either way Ibanez is a sweet ass brand of guitars and either of them would be a good choice
You know i heard that about the trem. And also about Herman I think he said he has used one live, but obviously now being the big rock star he just has to have his Prestige!

It's not necessarily the price reason, because it is really cheap, and I can afford better, it's just that this comes across as being the best unless I want to go really high end.
Herman Li made the previous generation of S470 somewhat famous. Current generation is better.
Here's a bit about mine.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Yes, the current generation (2003-now) has the ZR tremolo in it, which is an awesome bridge, feature-wise and in performance. The previous generation of S470 (one of which Li is known for, the natural finish with black hardware) had the Lo-TRSII tremolo, which is basically a bunch of tinfoil stuck in the tremolo cavity, with appropriate performance...

However, Li is also known for his green burst S540, and now that thing is sexy
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
ZR holds tuning really well, is easy to maintain, and it looks cool. A winner, in my book.

Quote by me
ZR. Everything has been said about it, and lots of half-truths. ZR is smooth, has uniform action, a backstop, and a very low profile. It's comfortable to palm mute, and it's tense enough to not move during bends and extreme strumming. It has a built-in intonation tool (for which you will thank whichever deity you believe in), and a backstop (easily removable). ZR does not have a short range. The lower range of ZR bridge is explained by the shallow trem cavity of the S body. In, say, RG, ZR would pull you up five frets. In S, around three, with any trem, be it ZR, Lo-TRS, or Edge. Keep that in mind when you're buying S series. The only ZR con I can think of is a screw-in arm. I would much prefer Edge-like punch-in.
As long as I can dive and make Dimebag/Satch squeals I'll be happy...tell me I can!
Yes, yes you can.
Now, pretty importantly, how are the humbuckers on it?

Sorry for all the Qs but I am very careful when spending cash, I've wasted a lot in the past you see!
it's an awesome guitar, i was even going to buy one....but they didn't have any in stock at teh place i was going to get and i needed a new guitar before 2 months, lol, so i bought a C-1 Elite, which is equally amazing......i just wish i couldda gotten the S-470, it is a truly amazing guitar, with a pickup swap, i believe it could be just as good as any JEM
Oh, pickups are actually very meh.

They're generic. The bridge is hotter and more trebly, the neck is bassier, but they're still boring stock pickups that sound pretty flat. Any aftermarket pickup would sound better than the INFs. I had DiMarzios and EMGs in mine, and both served their purpose very well, and made me really happy about tossing the stock pups out.
The 22 frets is the only thing that bothers me about this guitar.