Hey guys,

I had a guy come into the store today and asked my advice on what type of tubes he should use in his Traynor YCV40WR. I didn't know how to help him, but told him that I would ask some very knowledgable people what they thought. He wants to reduce the shrillness that he gets from the clean channel and get a more Marshall-like distortion (he said his ideal amp would be a Bluesbreaker, therefore he his trying to get this amp as close as possible to that). He said he doesn't really have a budget. Also, he plays a lot of blues and blues rock and uses a Fender Strat. I just need to get him new tubes, I don't need someone telling me to tell him to buy a new amp.

Thanks guys
cant someone else at the store help him>?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Quote by giorgio1210
cant someone else at the store help him>?

Not this week. My boss is out of town and I'm holding down the fort for a while (it's a small store w/ just two people working there). I generally can answer customer questions, but tubes are not my specialty. I sent an e-mail to Doug @ Doug's Tubes and asked him.
oh ok
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
I'm not a tube expert, but couldn't you look at nice Marshall tube amp and see what tubes it uses? If he wants a Marshall tone, would useing the same tubes help?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...