in each of these categories, which is better, the vox ad50vt or peavey valveking 50 watt combo....

1.power

2. tone for rock or hard rock

3. can be taken places pretty easily

4. loud enough for a band in a garage sized setting or a small gig

thanks guys
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
wowowowow....Vox and peavey are both fantastic..................but im going to go for peavey nomatter what.
1. Both are equally as powerful (Though the Peavey would be louder)

2. I haven't played either, but from what I have heard, they should both be able to handle those styles (Though High Gain stuff is supposed t be the Vox's main weakness and If the Peavey didn't have enough gain for you, you could get an overdrive pedal)

3. The Peavey would probably be heavier as it is a tube amp (My 112 50watt tube combo is about as heavy as my friends 212 100watt solid state)

4. Either should handle that though the Peavey would probably be more suitable as it would be louder
Member #10 Of The Black Tooth Grin: Dimebag Memorial Club. PM Narmi To Join
If I were you I would get a vox ad30vt...yes the 30 watter. It's small enough to not give you a hassle and my dad gigs with mine. Plus you have money left for a new pickup or something.
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing
except.... that the 50 has a nicer speaker, so it's probably a better idea to get that, and it's not really a hassle either. it's only 45 lbs
1995 MIM Fender Strat
Breedlove AD25/SM Acoustic
Chandler Les Paul w/Duncan Alnico II-Pro & Pearly Gates
Little Big Muff Pi
Dunlop Crybaby
Vox AD50VT

Quote by CheeseMuffin909
Zakk Wylde.
He's like Elton John but with a guitar, more stylish clothes, and not gay.
^True, but people tell me that my 30 watt is heavy. So i'm just saying if he needs something less heavy...yeah O_O
Hi.

I'm like..so cool

Quote by ?øXÍÇÍ?¥

Cheesemuffin > les paul

Runner Up for best guitarist...

Meh better than nothing